Dynadot

opinion ChatGPT and outreach for selling domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Gotta say I am impressed with ChatGPT when it comes to outbound.....

I don't normally do outbound, but have 3 domains that I thought would be worth trying it out on.

3 potential buyers where my domain is a clear upgrade - not FTSE 100 or Fortune 500 companies - mid size organisations that have the budget.

I'll share the below outreach to the CEO of a UK based organisation - they replied back and we are negotiating a price, if it sells I'll report it.. The other 2 ( an MD and a SVP of marketing) have also got back to me, I will not be sharing those emails though......

Each email is different and requires different prompts with ChatGPT as you need it to be personable to each company, the benefits will be different depending on the domain you own and the domain they are using

I've just listed the benefits I used in the email - not the intro or the summary as I wrote those bit's myself......The below is fairly generic and could be used elsewhere (wouldn't recommend it though)

I have taken 1 bullet point out as it is very specific to their organisation and would not make sense after removing bits....

Simplicity and Memorability:

A shorter domain name like xxx is easier to remember and type, making it more user-friendly for visitors. It removes the need for hyphens and additional words, streamlining the web address and improving accessibility.

Branding and Identity:

By using xxx as your domain name, xxx can strengthen its brand identity. It also aligns your web presence and makes it more cohesive and recognizable to xxx, sponsors, and stakeholders.

Enhanced Online Presence:

A shorter, more memorable domain name can lead to increased direct traffic as users can easily recall and type the web address. This can contribute to a stronger online presence for xxx, driving engagement and expanding your reach within xxxxxx

Future Growth and Expansion:

A well-chosen domain name, like xxx, allows room for future growth and expansion. It provides flexibility to accommodate any potential changes in xxxxxxxx activities, initiatives, or branding, ensuring a sustainable web presence.

Email Communication:

A domain name like xxx can also be used for email addresses, creating a consistent and professional communication platform. It adds to xxxxxxxxx credibility and reinforces their brand identity when interacting with stakeholders via email.

3 targeted emails sent, 3 responses, 3 negotiations ongoing - not to shabby, if they don't sell it's down to my asking price more then anything else.....

I'm using a professional email address which has my contact details (phone & email) business address, company details etc in the signature - no Gmail address or other spammy address used. I also have SPF and DKIM set up properly, no mention of a price and made sure the intro and summary were professionally written which might of helped with emails getting through to their inbox instead of the Spam folder

Anyone had any success with ChatGPT and outbound?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back