Dominion.Domains

WARNING!!! Please read this before its late!

Labeled as warning in Warnings and Alerts started by arjun29, Jul 12, 2018 at 3:42 AM.

Replies:
Views:

1. arjun29

arjun29 Established Member

Hello Friends, Let me share a story in short.

I register and buy names for one sole purpose; development. Two years back I registered few names to develop a news portal. I completed all the legal and other procedures in my country and took license as well. After a few days, I found that my websites are banned by Facebook (banned sharing). I tried to figure out what happened, messaged fb support, changed host, transferred the name to another registrar and waited for months but got no success. So I gave up those beautiful names.

Again, I registered a decent name sharedhani/com (means Shareholder) to develop a stockmarket based web app. I and my friend had planned for the project and did our research for weeks. Yesterday when we were discussing it on messenger, I sent the URL and got to know that the name too was banned by fb. I checked other few names which I was working on developing and more than 5 were banned.

Upon investigating for an hour what I found was all the names that were banned are/were registered at Alpnames.

The domains include:

- Previously registered domains

- First time registered domains

- Previously developed domains

No any problems with domains at other registrars. And the interesting thing is their main domain AlpNames.com is also banned from facebook share. I will contact FB through a business account and see if anything positive comes.

The moral of the story is: Don’t fall in the trap of cheap registrations. Stick with the good ones and do your due diligence before entering your card and any other details. The few bucks saved at Alpnames is giving me so much trouble now. Got some trouble there with.Info domains as well.

And also found this link during research: http://domainincite.com/22659-tech-giants-gunning-for-alpnames-over-new-gtld-abuse

Please share your similar experiences as well, if you have any. Also, please suggest me something to include on the conversation with Facebook support.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DnEbook

DnEbook DataGlasses.Com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Transfer out and resubmit?

3. arjun29

4. DnEbook

DnEbook DataGlasses.Com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Sorry that I can't tell you, but if it is the registrar holding you back the first thing you need to do is leave

5. Ootsa

Ootsa Upgraded Member Gold Account

I agree.
    If FB's algorithm is black listing the registrar then transfer maybe the only way to solve the issue.

6. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times VIP

7. arjun29

I transferred out two of my names to another registrar but that didn't help me either.

8. BrandMart

BrandMart DomainBugle.com VIP

I don't understand how can Alpnames be the reason of a domain, you own, being blocked on FB. Spammy links or domains usually get blocked on FB. You can't control that.

9. Furquah

Furquah The Captain VIP

You profile which was previously restricted or got suspended for being a spammy can cause this problems.

10. arjun29

Their DNS might be a problem. Theere are domains which were never developed/registered before which are banned from sharing. (checked in sharing debugger tool).
    All names that are at Alpnames are banned and no single other domain at other registrar has such problem.
    Maybe it is due to their Nameservers. The domain Alpnames.com itself is banned.

11. Josytal

Josytal Established Member

Thanks for bring this up. I read the article at domainincite and was shocked. Hence forth, I'll stay clear of Alpnames and their "cheap domains" - being their sales bait.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: