Dynadot

Warning - Keylogger Link Sent via PM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Not sure where to post this -

I recieved a PM and it wants you to go to a site, DOT NOT GO THERE

Do not go to edit by mod - it'll be a bit easier for people not to go there if you didn't post the link ;)

I believe it will install a keylogger on your machine! I somehow got into the root of the site and was able to look at all the files, I downloaded a couple of TXT files named MK-keylog.txt and REG-160-keylog.txt. The contents of those files are information logged which looks like conversations with Tech Support at Register.com
They may have installed a keylogger there?

This is really bad, I am not sure if I have it installed on my machine but as soon as I went to that site I knew something was not right as it just says wait 10 seconds, I stopped it right away and then somehow got into the root, so I snooped around there.

This must be how the domains are been stolen! If anyone wants the TXT files let me know.

And if you have an idea on how I can check to see if I have a keylogger intstalled please PM me.

I see the member is Banned now.

This is the PM from a Member -

Atech
Banned
Trader Rating: (0)

domains about
your domains with 450$ for me
okay ?
my list istnight.com look at , 16k$ ..

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sb225 said:
even in signatures they are keeping this types of links

Forum sigs or email sigs or both? I didn't even think about that!

Will keyloggers install on your PC if you copy and paste the URL?

Last edited:
•••
GreenGambler said:

I believe then install when a pop up comes up or ActiveX is activated on a web page. Keep your pop up blocker on at all times and dont allow pop ups. Correct me if im wrong please.

•••
From looking at the code it will install an file called jpg.exe on your system then run it without you knowing, that installs a keylogger which will log all your keystokes and that will be sent to the hacker.

From the files I was able to get it shows a customer service manager has it installed on his PC at register.com. Plenty of info showing email addresses and ID and Passwords.

I called register.com twice today but they seem disinterested in this info, they did not even call me back.

•••
Kamloops said:
From the files I was able to get it shows a customer service manager has it installed on his PC at register.com. Plenty of info showing email addresses and ID and Passwords.

I called register.com twice today but they seem disinterested in this info, they did not even call me back.

Yikes.. They should take notice! They need to inform anyone who's account info was possibly stolen.

•••
GreenGambler said:

private message link is equal to signature link
do you see any difference between this two ?
yes they will install on our pcs if we dont have firewall
even this types of links works in autosurfs to hack egold accounts

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back