IT.COM

Warning - before placing a backorder with sav.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Primary Names

Top Member
Impact
If for any reason, you changed your mind after placing a backorder, you wont be able to delete your backorder.

That is equal to your money gone....

sav-backorder-fuckery.jpg

Highly unethical and a very cheap tactic.

@Nick R Did not expect this from you guys. I request you on behalf of this community to please stop this practice so that we can go ahead and actually do some business together. AFAIK no other backorder co. does this and for a good reason.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is equal to your money gone....

Just send [email protected] an email requesting a refund. I think the refund policy is 5 days, but I had some issues when it fell on a weekend. So not sure if they require an email to be submitted 3 days, or what the cutoff is. But I do know from experience [email protected] does give full refunds.

It'd be nicer if they gave a UI feature so users can smoothly request refunds. As these are time sensitive requests (5 days) these requests need to be processed and streamlined accordingly.

I think the response given as to why we can't delete same day backorders was something technical. Though, unknowing how their system works, I too called B.S. And requested they do better.

Lastly, probably a bit off topic, but If you wouldn't mind, I'm a bit curious as to the $5.08 backorder pricing, and $21.17 renewal. I assume that is for non .com?

•••
Just send [email protected] an email requesting a refund.
Doable. Point is if they do refund it at the end of the day then why the unnecessary merry go round instead of just correcting the system. A hog on their resource too actually.
I'm a bit curious as to the $5.08 backorder pricing
it is one ignorable extension nGTLDs among the thousands that now we have. After placing a backorder I realized it was gonna be a waste of $$, but that is how I got to know of "the practice".

•••
Doable. Point is if they do refund it at the end of the day then why the unnecessary merry go round instead of just correcting the system. A hog on their resource too actually.

Fully agreed!

I wonder if the refund policy varies by extension. FWIW, I was referring to .com refund experience.

•••
I thought dropcatch is same no ?

•••
•••
When a backorder is placed for a domain that drops on the same day, it is immediately sent to our drop catch engine to attempt to capture which is why it can not be removed. However, you can reach out to support and request a refund for the domain if it gets captured and you no longer want it. Just reach out within 5 calendar days of registration, less one business day to give us time to process it.

Last edited:
•••
...it is immediately sent to our drop catch engine to attempt to capture which is why it can not be removed
well ... a few minutes of coding can solve this if you wanted this done. Anyways... I appreciate the fact that you do issue refunds in such case but it is such an unnecessary exercise for both of us.

•••
A spelling mistake will not result in a backorder as its a misspelling so will never be caught. It seems the only issue is being able to delete a backorder you no longer want.

•••
@karmaco good point. Edited the main post.

•••
@Nick R Why dont you guys simply show the price before confirming the backorder, like epik.com does ?
When a backorder is placed for a domain that drops on the same day, it is immediately sent to our drop catch engine to attempt to capture which is why it can not be removed
Then how does dropcatch.com do it ?

•••
We do have showing a confirmation for premium domains on our todo list!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back