IT.COM

sales Want to Cry a Little? Take A Look At A Few of My Past Posts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have been big into the numeric market since 2009. I, like many people, sold a little too early but you have to make a profit some time. During the last 6 years I have been reporting 4 number.com and numeric sales. I was looking at some of my past articles and started to tear up a little. This is not that long ago. For all those that say things have moved too fast look at these prices and look at them now

From October 2012 Numeric sales from the past 3 months
From June 2014: I Still See Numerics Going up from Here

Anyone own a time machine ? :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hear ya. I love numerics and didn't understand the general public not buying them up years ago. Even back into the early 2000's. Now everyone else is adding numbers to their portfolios. There are some niches I wish I had spent more on, but I love the ones I did get my hands on.

The Chinese market will pick up even more as time goes on and they have clear channels to buy and sell them. The Chinese market has sooo much more room to grow. They seem to be a new player that still has a huge sideline of people/investors waiting to get into the market.

The American market still is trying to wrap it's head around buying and selling domains. Many still don't know you can buy and sell domains. Things are changing in both markets that will help the general public to understand that money can be made and that domains are like most other investments. Domains to me are actually a better investment than other properties. Low upkeep and liquidity are helping others see there value.

Numerics will be bought and sold like a stock. They are now, but this will increase in the near future. I believe we are still in the beginning of the upward trend with the numeric market.

More later.....

•••
if not domaining no other job

•••
•••
That's tough. :(

@brindle123

I agree, and think there are still opportunities to get that kind of ROI in the Chinese market.

•••
I see a lot of 4's in them lists.

Forget the no 4th floor in China...

I don't think the Chinese mind the number 4 when it comes to these domains :)

•••
•••
Wow! The best part was revisiting GG's blog post and his comment. Amazing.

•••
GG is right on the money now. But he wavered for awhile :)

•••
4n.com's have found their runway.

4L.com's are next....

And Im not talking about the hype "chips".

•••
4n.com's have found their runway.

4L.com's are next....

And Im not talking about the hype "chips".

Please share. What ARE you talking about? Let us be rich with you :)

•••
Please share. What ARE you talking about? Let us be rich with you :)

4N.com's have made a remarkable jump over the last couple years.

3L.com's have also made a huge jump over the last couple years.

The "real" 4L.com's, not "chips" have really just remained status quo the last couple years.

I feel once the over hyped "chip" drama drops off, the value will return and move forward on quality 4L.com's.

Its a matter of time.

•••
.NJ,

That happened a month ago. The "CHiPs" that contain great Western Letters have started to cross $3K vs $2K for regular CHiPs and have been moving up at a much faster rate. Regular CHiPs haven't moved much since beginning of Jan. The names that make good Western acronyms, even with vowels, have risen in price while others have stagnated. So I agree but this is old news.

And quality to you may not be quality to someone else. What you like and makes sense to you may not be what actually happens. Pivoting is crucial to making money. Being right when every one initially thinks you are wrong will make you rich. Being right but everyone else agreed will make you a lot of money. Being wrong and adjusting will make you a lot of money but a little less. Being wrong and stubborn will make you broke.

•••
.NJ,

That happened a month ago. The "CHiPs" that contain great Western Letters have started to cross $3K vs $2K for regular CHiPs and have been moving up at a much faster rate. Regular CHiPs haven't moved much since beginning of Jan. The names that make good Western acronyms, even with vowels, have risen in price while others have stagnated. So I agree but this is old news.

And quality to you may not be quality to someone else. What you like and makes sense to you may not be what actually happens. Pivoting is crucial to making money. Being right when every one initially thinks you are wrong will make you rich. Being right but everyone else agreed will make you a lot of money. Being wrong and adjusting will make you a lot of money but a little less. Being wrong and stubborn will make you broke.

Forget "chips" in general.

Yes there have been decent sales, but the normal ridiculous "chips" took the front stage and are now finally starting to drop.

The term "chip" is newly formed from the hype and has the same origin as the domains it represents....overnight pumped hype.

For example: A good non "chip" pronounceable 4L.com has really just maintained the same value over the last couple years.

While non "chip" 3L.coms took off big time 3 to 4x the value.

People's minds are clouded with the chip drama and the focus has hurt the industry in other areas.

Once all the hype is gone, the real value domains will stand out even stronger.

Chips are the penny stocks of the domain industry....

•••
Oh man. Painful.

Glad I held what I did. But hindsight ... oh man.

•••
•••
Oh man! The PAST.
Thanks for Sharing Shane!

•••
pass the Kleenex........... :oops:

•••
Considering the xtreme popularity of 1688.com and so many numeric websites (136888.com) , Its like its just beginning. Far higher rise is on the way.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back