Dynadot

development Walmart closes jet.com 4 years after it paid $3B to buy them

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Jet.com will shut down, 4 years after Walmart paid $3 billion to acquire it.

The original Jet.com was formed in 2014, after was sold by domain investor, Garry Chernoff, deal brokered by igloo (now Domain Advisors)

When Walmart acquired Jet.com in 2016, goal was to complement brick-and-mortar and compete against Amazon as the primary online

Despite efforts to promote Jet.com brand, sales haven’t been stellar; and will end Jet.
It’s possible Walmart will consider selling domain Jet.com to an aviation company. Once Coronavirus pandemic subsides.

Hat tip DomainGang @Acroplex; https://domaingang.com/domain-news/walmart-shutting-down-jet-com-it-paid-3-billion-dollars-for/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
maybe I should backorder that name. in case it drops.

:)

•••
Crazy. You win some you lose some. They should have taken on the beast that is Amazon much sooner. They were a bit late to the party and their prices were only great the first few years which probably contributed to that not working out how they hoped.

•••
Never heard of jet.com so I guess they only advertised in the US. Nice name though.

•••
•••
Jet engines gobble up lots of fuel, while Amazon just flows by itself, based solely on the forces of nature. Obviously it was a lost cause.

Last edited:
•••
surprisingly I, ve never head before about that name or jet. com website.

•••
RIP they actually had some good deals on there

•••
Nice insight, alexzz123 in theverge comments;
Talking about Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
B7A9441E-8031-4063-A9C3-C234D14E2E03.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
YEah their marketing sucked for Jet... if they used Walmart marketing maybe this wouldn't be this bad... but I didn't even know about Jet.com....... not one word since 2016.

•••
Never heard of jet.com so I guess they only advertised in the US. Nice name though.
I lived in the US but I have never heard about jet.com either ....that explains how bad their marketing is

•••
Back