IT.COM

Wallop.com, Microsofts New MySpace Beater!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This is gonna set off a regging frenzy but did you guys see www.wallop.com ?Its a huge new venture by microsoft to challenge myspace, facebook etc and its beta went live today!Best of luck with the names guys!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I need an invitation???
anyone already in???

•••
•••
•••
From what I've read its technically a separate company but is owned by Microsoft.

•••
Yes, its a MicroSoft owned company. It will be interesting to see how Wallop plays out with MySpace. Oh that Gates never quits!

Hury and get your wallop domains while they last:

WALLOP.CC
WALLOP.AT
WALLOP.ME.UK
WALLOP.ORG.UK
WALLOP.ORG.NZ
WALLOP.ORG.CN
WALLOP.TW
WALLOP.COM.TW
WALLOP.ORG.TW
WALLOP.IDV.TW
WALLOP.AM
WALLOP.FM
WALLOP.MS
WALLOP.NU
WALLOP.TC
WALLOP.VG

Rep points apprecaited! :)

•••
I would be careful not to have anything to do with Microsoft, because they are quite active in their legal department. I have already received C&Ds for 2 Vista domain names.

•••
it's not a very good name

•••
I read another article that says MS is an investor in wallop. However its a seperate company no longer related to MS.

•••
I heard about this on CNN today. Unfortunately for Microsoft, I don't think money can buy members and an active community the way they think it can. I personally don't like how they're going for more of a personal webpage kind of thing, from what I read. Many of the people that use social networking and blogging services aren't too into web design.

But we'll see what happens, I highly doubt it will get off the ground like they expect, then again, I'm not sure what audience they're targeting.

•••
Microsoft is coming up with a lot of "beaters" you got the ipod beater, the myspace beater... it seems to me like their just trailing behind trying to scramble to put something together to follow the crowd. Whatever happened to innovation and stealing the ideas out of people's heads, developing them, and then patenting the idea before the person could even get their ideas down on paper? What happened to the Microsoft I used to know?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back