IT.COM

question W-8BEN form - How are you filling it? (Parking revenue)

NameSilo
Watch

Do you submit a W-8BEN form for parking revenue?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, and get a 0% tax withholding

votes
    0.0%
  • Yes, but get a 30% tax withholding

votes
    0.0%
  • I submit a different form

votes
    0.0%
  • I submit nothing / I'm not getting any parking revenue

votes
    100.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Assuming you are a non-US citizen and a tax resident in a country with a tax treaty with US, how have you been filling the W-8BEN form in order to claim a 0% tax withholding on parking revenue?
Have you got the 0% tax withholding? Or did you get a withholding of 30% in the U.S.?

My main two doubts are:
1) Do you need to provide a U.S. SSN/ITIN (field 5), or is it enough to provide your foreigner tax id (field 6)?
2) On part II of the form, what is the type of income you specify (field 10)? Is it "Business Profits" (which is Article 7 on most countries treaty)?

I read the official instructions, but they are quite dense.
Best help I could find was from a Vimeo's article https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002138808-Making-a-tax-treaty-claim-with-a-W-8BEN-form
but I'm not sure whether "Business Profits" classification also applies to domain parking.

I'm leaving field 5 blank, and filling field 10 as follows:
10. Special rates and conditions (if applicable—see instructions): The beneficial owner is claiming the provisions of Article and paragraph Article 7 of the treaty identified on line 9 above to claim a 0 % rate of withholding on (specify type of income): Business Profits .
Explain the additional conditions in the Article and paragraph the beneficial owner meets to be eligible for the rate of withholding: Revenue from internet advertising carried on domain names held by a non-U.S. Beneficial Owner and managed by SmartName.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If outside the USA - then foreign Tax ID...

I didn't fill anything in "Special rates and conditions" - and never had any issues.

•••
This form is mandatory for all American parking companies...
Without it - they will not send any payouts.

Also you may use German ParkingCrew.com
No any forms there, because German law.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back