IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
shrink - Auto-optimization, involves about 150 different things that happen on your domain based on historical information about the domain and what we know about the type of traffic you have. If you think you know what a keyword on a domain should be, then please go ahead and set the keyword now.

Donny

•••
Thanks for clearing this up, Donny. I see the auto-optimization takes into account lots of different factors, how many days does it usually take (for an average domain) to complete these, so the domain can be considered "auto-optimization" completed?

•••
A domain is NEVER complete. Between us and our upstream provider, we are always making changes.

So if you think a domain need some work, I recommend that you just change the keyword and see if that works.

Donny

•••
any ideas on how long voodoo has their Maintenance ?

it is already several hours....

•••
Wolfis - It's been 1 hour, 30 minutes. :)

Everything is working fine, you just can't check your stats. We are replacing some backend servers and they are taking a little longer than I/we expected.

Donny

•••
Please pardon our progress. Voodoo.com's services are briefly down for a hardware upgrade.

The improvements will allow even faster and more reliable services to Voodoo customers. Unfortunately, to make the upgrade requires this temporary inconvenience. Please accept our apologies. We will be back online shortly.

I also hope that the upgrade will boost revenues. :blink:

dollsad.jpg

If I didn't check the file name, I wouldn't have known what this could've been. :D

I first thought it was a glove of some kind.

•••
:) We have a few hundred of these, with my favorite being the doll drinking on the beach.

Donny

•••
Pretty Smart. :) I also thought it was glove of some kind. lol

I also hope that the upgrade will boost revenues. :blink:

dollsad.jpg

If I didn't check the file name, I wouldn't have known what this could've been. :D

I first thought it was a glove of some kind.

•••
hmmm - any idea of the ETA ( when voodoo is working again ?)

•••
Counting down the seconds. We are trying to finalize yesterday's stats first.

Donny

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

We are back up now. Sorry for all of the downtime. Things took hours longer than I ever would have expected.

Donny

•••
we all know what time of the month it is again ..... my favorite :)

•••
•••
•••
Just received payment, thanks voodoo and team!

•••
Donny, please you have got a PM.

•••
Thank You Donny and Voodoo Team.
Received the Payment.

•••
Hi Donny,

What is the best way to optimize domains? Let voodoo's system optimize them automatically?

I have some general domains at Voodoo, but hard to get any clicks

•••
hippoking - This is usually what I recommend to people. Leave your domain to auto-optimization. Check all of your domains after about a week and see if the domains are what you expect. If they aren't then you can try setting the keyword on the domains, understand that it's only a recommendation and it doesn't mean that our upstream provider will use it, but it's a recommendation.

Then wait and see how the domains do again. The next step would involve setting the domain to a 2 click lander or a 1 click lander. But I'm assuming you aren't this far yet.

Donny

•••
hippoking - This is usually what I recommend to people. Leave your domain to auto-optimization. Check all of your domains after about a week and see if the domains are what you expect. If they aren't then you can try setting the keyword on the domains, understand that it's only a recommendation and it doesn't mean that our upstream provider will use it, but it's a recommendation.

Then wait and see how the domains do again. The next step would involve setting the domain to a 2 click lander or a 1 click lander. But I'm assuming you aren't this far yet.

Donny

Hi Donny,

Actually what you recommend is what I actually did, leave system to automatically optimize keywords.

However for some general domains, like typo of some extensions, for example typo of "co.uk", it's really hard to select any keywords

•••
Is there anyway to set negative keywords?
To keep off certain ads from showing up.

•••
Hi Donny,

Actually what you recommend is what I actually did, leave system to automatically optimize keywords.

However for some general domains, like typo of some extensions, for example typo of "co.uk", it's really hard to select any keywords

Send me a PM of the domain and I'll take a look at it.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Is there anyway to set negative keywords?
To keep off certain ads from showing up.

There is no way to set a negative keyword. If you have a domain that isn't a trademark, but could possibly be based on the keyword mix, please just contact us with the domain and we will be more than happy to help you out.

Donny

•••
Send me a PM of the domain and I'll take a look at it.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

There is no way to set a negative keyword. If you have a domain that isn't a trademark, but could possibly be based on the keyword mix, please just contact us with the domain and we will be more than happy to help you out.

Donny

PM sent

•••
Negative keywords (Block Keywords option) are not possible with most parking companies except DomainSponsor IMO.

If it is added, will be useful. But voodoo Auto Optimization works better in most of the domains.

•••
I'm not even sure if their negative keywords feature works anymore with the new system from our upstream provider.

Donny

•••
Thanks for the feedback on using negative keywords. I'll just have to be patient and wait for the auto optimization to kick in for some of my domains.

One more question.

Do you guys have any feedback about "Domain Layouts"?

Default looks like the same as Modern. Not sure what the difference is there.

Alpha and Generic may be useful for some domains.

I'm currently using Default for most.

In general, which layouts seem to have the higher RPMs?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Another question just came to mind.

Does Voodoo use a quality score like some of the other parking companies?

Is this provided somewhere in my account?

Is there anyway to help boost CPC other than keyword selection?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Sorry for all the questions, but I noticed the RPM's are actually pretty good for a few of my faillisted domains. Who do you guys use for your secondary provider?

Thanks again

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Just a quick comment. I really like the Voodoo user interface and the options provided. The level of customization is just fantastic.

The only thing I take issue with is the 'style' option on the Domain Layout page. Little Fawn, Summer Night, Morning Call really don't tell me anything. Would it be possible to put a descriptive color name in parenthesis next to it? For example, in the dropdown menu it would list "Autumn Breeze (lt blue)", "Sunshine (bright red)", etc.

That would be a real timesaver for me personally when setting up a new domain. Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back