IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We had an account that was terminated the other day for click fraud. The next day you added 75% of their domains to your account.

In my book it looks like you had two accounts. So we terminated this one as well.

Donny

•••
There are a few parking companies that will take your traffic and send the traffic directly to the advertisers. The surfer doesn't see your domain at all the traffic goes directly to the advertiser. Most do this when a domain has been faillisted by Google for example. Basically the point is you are supposed to get paid 100% of the time. We have found that usually you are paid less than if a page would have been shown and the surfer would have clicked on an ad. Basically the RPM is usually less on a zero click based on what our tests have shown.

Donny

•••
I would like to wish everyone and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Donny

•••
vbigdeli - The reason we don't report real time revenue, is that it's only an estimate. I have learned from my previous life that 95% of our complaints were, why did you tell me that I was going to make $1.00, but when the numbers finalized, I only made $0.25? It got really tiring after a while. That's why we had given people the option to turn off estimates.

Today, I only show final numbers. Sure, some people want to know what "pending" means, but once they understand it makes sense. The companies who do show you live real time stats, are basically just estimating. I will always pay you exactly what you have earned.

Donny

•••
Again Donny, why do you have to waste your time answering "stupid" questions from these low valued clients.

Stop wasting time and focus more on making money for those who are already in the Vodoo system.

Another big paycheck this month-thank YOU very much.

The feature "This domain for sale at XXXX" will be out soon?

Now seriously and joking aside, your stupid posts are starting to be annoying:

You seam to have no clue how a company works and how a businessman should behave, otherwise you would never ask Donny to ignore some people or tell them to go f. theirselves and instead focus on others.

You have to be "friendly" to all "customers" (no matter if they make 1 million dollars from parking or 10 cents and no matter if they have an IQ of 500 or are dumb like a piece of dry bread). Specially if you are posting in a public forum in your "official" thread.

This is the first thing everyone learns when starting a serious business. So please keep your advices for yourself, make money with Donny, but leave the rest up to him, he knows what to do and what not.

•••
I love when people can read my mind. :)

rlov.png

I started alpha testing the android version yesterday, we will be releasing an android, iphone and windows phone version of the app. Maybe even a blackberry version if we get bored.

Donny

•••
There are two trains of thought when showing final stats.

In our case, we don't estimate what your final stats will be. Today we get all of your stats from our upstream providers for yesterday's traffic, we then finalize based on that information. This means what you earn is what you actually earn.

Some companies will estimate what you will earn the same day you have traffic. This is where again some additional companies are different. If they estimate that you made $10.00, but you really made $8.00, you are pretty much guaranteed to get an adjustment down. If they estimated that you made $10.00, but you really made $25.00, some will adjust you up and some will just keep the money.

It's not hard to figure out who does what.

Donny

•••
Thursday is Thanksgiving in the US and Friday is Black Friday. So our office will be closed, so we are trying to get everything taken care of a little early.

Donny

•••
Varon is correct. We currently update stats every 30 minutes. Technically we could up them every 30 seconds if we wanted, but we found it really doesn't add any true value.

Searches are not paid for because nobody pays for them.

Color theory on layouts are kind of interesting. Our default seems to work best for non-adult domains. But every domain is different. Adult domains usually work better with the crazier color schemes. We do auto-optimize based on colors but only on our test portfolios to make sure that they are all falling in a statistical norm.

Donny

•••
What happens is that we pay net30, so anything earned in say March will be paid at the end of April. So for an example we will use that you earned $100 in March and $100 in April. We paid you $100 at the end of April for March, then the first week of May we find out there is a $150 chargeback on your account. At that point you have $100 in your account, but you owe us $150. Which means technically you owe us $50.

Now why do chargebacks/advertiser adjustments happen? Sometimes traffic is not the best in the world. But people who have really big chargebacks usually know why they do. It would be so funny to show some examples, but people who have big chargebacks know why they have them.

Donny

•••
You are an awesome translator. :)

G looks at many things including the quality of your traffic, the domains, and what time of the day it is to determine what you are being paid. And what's even crazier, sometimes it depends on the advertisers as well. :)

There is always an ebb and flow with how much you will be paid, you just need to be available during the good times.

Donny

•••
So what we do on a monthly basis is we take a large portfolio and A/B test it between 1 click landers and 2 click landers, by country, non-adult/adult, and by platform. We then take this information and based on what wins we set that information to all auto-optimization domains for the month.

So for example, last month, 2 click landers made 16% more money in the US for non-adult domains. So if you choose auto-optimize, we set desktop traffic in the US that is non-adult to a 2 click lander. India for example 1 click landers win for non-adult traffic. We do this for every country.

We do give you the option to set a domain to whatever you want, but we have found that this works really well. Mobile traffic is a little more complicated than this but it's the same concept.

Hope that helps.

Donny

•••
forge - bad traffic can mean many things. Just like their are bad drivers. I do not specifically remember what parkingtips was doing, but it had to have been pretty out there. We see stuff everyday. You would be amazed at all of the things that happen, I've seen people who printed business cards and put them at a public library next to the computers for "credit card debt consolidation".

Let's just say that if you get traffic the old fashion way, by buying domains, then you are fine. And never have anything to worry about.

Donny

•••
I hope that means we'll finally see an end to all the complaining and not getting it.

•••
Again we are sorry for the issues we had on Saturday. There wasn't anything that we as a company could have done. Our data center had an issue with traffic from certain locations in the world. Then they ended up doing some maintenance without us knowing which brought us completely down for about 30 minutes.

This was the first downtime we have had in over 4 years, we pride ourselves on staying up 24/7.

Hope everybody understands.

Donny

•••
Today's stats may have been a little delayed while we were processing all of the data from the previous 3 days. But everything seems fine right now.

Donny

•••
•••
I lost way more than you did when I too had a similar domain acquired by mistake (it happens when you buy regfees)

Contrary to you though, do you know what I did?
after a few days, when I realised that domain didn't behave well, I reported it to the parking services and they in turn blocked it from their services.

Again,
I reported a domain that earned me $200-$250 a day .. why? because I want to have clean domains

what did you do?...

•••
Moved a few names to Voodoo and their traffic increased a bit...more clicks too.i dont believe its coincidental or lucky..lol.

•••
The reason you use a parking company, is because you can't signup directly with them.

Donny

•••
We actually have been blocking semalt and most of those stupid bots that are showing inflated numbers for months now. But this is weird. Some of these are not passing the referrer like the other ones. I'm wondering if they are getting smarter or something. We will look into it.

Donny

•••
I'll let you know today if payments will be going out early. But I'm going to assume they will probably go out today/tomorrow.

And Merry Christmas to you as well.

Donny

•••
@tonyk2000 - I'm traveling today, so this will be a quick response.

1. Yes and both. But on mobile, we don't allow you to modify the text, but still the url.
2. Check it out. You can use penalities.com as an example that is for sale. Normal adblock shows everything. Ublock still shows the for sale.
3. Yes. We don't forward anything anywhere.
4. You can put in our system keyword suggestions. But it doesn't hard code the keywords. And it's by language, not country.
5. No. As far as I'm aware Uniregistry is the only one who offers category based keywords.
6. We don't offer zero click. Too many scams. We have secondary providers, but I wouldn't expect too much money from them.

Donny

•••
Yes I asked for an account because 4 of my accounts were closed. I do not know why I was paying money to some people until a visit to me was made and all money was lost
I need money to help my family help me

What do you mean? You were paying people to visit your domain? If so, that's why you lost your accounts.

•••
Is the site on autopilot? No response to support tickets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back