Domain Empire

Viewing DomainSherpa videos offline

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anantj

Top Member
Impact
Hi Folks,

Is there any way to view/download the DomainSherpa videos offline? I'd love to watch them during my commute but I'm unable to figure out how to do this?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi all,

You can stream a video, and my video hosting company (Wistia) does a great job at determining when low bandwidth requests are coming in and serving low bandwidth videos. But I completely understand you may not want that option as it can eat up your cellular bandwidth for the month.

I'll check in with Wistia about offering a download option. I wasn't aware that a lot of people had a need for that.

As @Ategy.com described, we do offer an mp3 download option and you can get the shows on iTunes and Stitcher, which I believe can both download to your phone/tablet on a regular basis.

Thanks for tagging me, Ategy. :)

•••
Personally, I just listen to the mp3s which they have easy download links for. Most of the time, there is nothing that requires visual, and if there is they post pics or I read the pdf later

You can use a video downloader extension - the one I use is Ant, looks like firefox only
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloader-player/

I tested and Ant works on the Sherpa vids

•••
Maybe record the screen while playing the video then you can watch it whenever u want... Your Welcome
XD..... Its like you are using my Gun to shoot me.....

•••
I just had a flash .. lol .. has anyone considered simply asking @DomainSherpa? ;)

•••
Maybe record the screen while playing the video then you can watch it whenever u want... Your Welcome

•••
How can we download on Android devices like tablets??

•••
How can we download on Android devices like tablets??

More seriously, follow one of the methods that @4pm or @usernamex provided to download it to your laptop/desktop and transfer it to your tablet via a cable or bluetooth!

Last edited:
•••
•••
1. start playing the video
2. open browser Developer Tools
3. select video player with selection/inspection tool
4. in Elements tab you'll see <video> element selected
5. find <source> element below
6. copy src attribute which looks like http://embed.wistia.com/deliveries/086ef31cf3357276987437f820592fc5fe295a41/file.mp4
7. paste into an address bar in a new tab, right click, then "Save video As..."

Thanks. This is very useful. I tried similar steps but by manually trying to parse the html. This might be more direct and hence more workable.

Thanks

•••
But, Thanks for making this thread... Really appreciated

•••
•••
Use ClipConverter.cc to download them.

If ClipConverter ever stops working, then search for "Wistia downloader" on Google.

•••
As @usernamex mentioned .. there usually isn't much extra in the reviews on video that you won't catch on the mp3 download. I listen and relisten to them all the time while walking to/from work and walking my dog! :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back