Dynadot

new gTLD Video.Games sold to an End User/Domainer for $183,000

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Another new gTLD Registry domain sales list was released today.

Rightside released a lot of 10k+ sales. Read more HERE
Video.Games was their #1 sale which was the 2nd highest new gTLD sale recorded so far.

A friend of mine bought it, and since I recently started a new blog, I wrote a story about it.

Steven is a life long gamer and a recent domainer. He has owned a few domains off and on for close to 20 years...Read more here

Thanks,
Vito

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I thought video games are no longer exist. I guess I was wrong.

•••
I thought video games are no longer exist. I guess I was wrong.

I wasn't absolutely sure about the terminology, so I went to check myself.
I just Googled "Call of Duty"
Here is the pic Call of Duty had on the R-side of page promoting their game.
Looks like they themselves are using the term Video Game, in their description...
"Video Game Series"

call of duty.png

•••
Some gTLD domains make good branding.

•••
Allegedly fb is going video?

And they own gameroom.com

I pre registered thebest.Games but chose not to buy it tho

•••
•••
I agree with you Kate, that's why when @rentmynames made that comment I had to go check myself. Not too scientific of an analysis but as soon as I googled the first big game I could think of, those results showed they were in fact using the term to sell their game. So I am guessing that term will last since it has lasted this long already.

•••
•••
Arcade anyone ? :) There is a market for it after all :xf.grin:

•••
When I think of Video Games my mind goes quickly to what I use to play Quake 1, 2, 3, 4 - Counter-Strike 1.6, CS:Source, Team Fortress 2, Halflife 2...

•••
That's actually decent name especially when arcades are coming back with a vengeance. Congrats to the seller and good luck to the buyer. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back