NameSilo

other Vetting procedure for sales threads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Can Namepros look into getting sales listings vetted?

I just looked at a thread that has been bumped for 20 pages and with one of their listings they are asking for more than the domain is listed on a Brandable website.....

How is this allowed?

It smacks of unprofessionalism from the lister and Namepros as you are allowing this to happen......

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Ok, now quote the part where it allows what you’re doing. I don’t see it on the pages you just linked to
Unfortunately I don't know about this rule, but before automating the bumps I had read them all and I don't remember seeing anything like that...

•••
Ok, now quote the part where it allows what you’re doing. I don’t see it on the pages you just linked to
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-is-a-forum-bump.1149907/#post-7363793

Apparently NP doesn't consider posts after "Bump" as "Bump" so there's no reason to intervene... like if I have 2-3 bumps a day my post will go up in different areas like Discover, etc, when those 2- 3 bumps are spent, the rest are disregarded as a bump and are considered normal comments... even going up in tabs like 'buy' the bump only serves to have more visibility in different areas of the site.

•••

Apparently NP doesn't consider posts after "Bump" as "Bump" so there's no reason to intervene... like if I have 2-3 bumps a day my post will go up in different areas like Discover, etc, when those 2- 3 bumps are spent, the rest are disregarded as a bump and are considered normal comments... even going up in tabs like 'buy' the bump only serves to have more visibility in different areas of the site.
Can you change the automated bump tool for yourself to provide only the actual number of bumps/d permitted by the membership rules? That would solve the problem, which appears to be a technical matter that Namepros has yet to address.
I doubt you want to be on the "ignore" button for most of the members. That's what happens, though, if there are too many bumps. Then none of your listings get seen. So, it seems to be in your best interest to fix the problem yourself while Namepros tech support fixes the plugin.

Last edited:
•••

His reply didn’t make any sense to me. For one of your threads I see 12 bumps. Somewhere else I saw somebody mention a bump every 15 minutes, that’s almost 100 a day

Last edited:
•••
Can you change the automated bump tool for yourself to provide only the actual number of bumps/d permitted by the membership rules. That would solve the problem, which appears to be a technical matter that Namepros has yet to address.
Ah, ok, I don't know if it will change much, there are some other users...

•••
His reply didn’t make any sense to me. For one of your threads I see 12 bumps. Somewhere else I saw somebody mention a bump every 15 minutes, that’s almost 100 a day
Again, I'll say that I didn't even think that this individual was the issue. That individual I felt compelled to put on my "ignore" list. They were doing the bumps every 10 minutes. Whether they are still doing it, I don't know, because I don't see anything from that member at this point.
The "ignore" button is a very powerful tool.

Last edited:
•••
Probably me... there was a time that I was on fire.

•••
Again, I'll say that I didn't even think that this individual was the issue. The person I had ultimately to put on the "ignore" list was doing it every 10 minutes.
Many are, didn’t even know about the bump plug-in, years ago somebody mentioned they were using a Windows command to bump threads. So I have no idea what the rules are since they don’t seem to actually exist and I don’t think whoever is in charge is too worried about it

•••
Again, I'll say that I didn't even think that this individual was the issue. That individual I felt compelled to put on my "ignore" list. They were doing the bumps every 10 minutes. Whether they are still doing it, I don't know, because I don't see anything from that member at this point.
The "ignore" button is a very powerful tool.
Olgaler? he still doing this

•••
I was wrong. It's a blue account, so the thread can be bumped four times per day. All those posts--yet only four valid bumps per day. That's a bit much.
The bumps definitely matter, because they show up in the front page right side "new posts" section. As previously suggested, this is a prime spot. The "new post" gets usually, at best, a few minutes of visibility there.
So, even if a small group of auto-bumpers do this 4-6x a hour, with multiple listings, then that's likely to make it more difficult to see new discussion posts.

I've noticed lately that it's harder to notice the new discussion threads and responses, but I'm not sure how much is due to automated bumps.

•••
Look,I realize also that this is a touchy subject. No doubt the sellers are eager to sell their domains, and want the business that comes from the extra visibility. But perhaps what they don't realize is that maybe they have lost business due to the excessive bumping. I know I stopped reading the high bumper threads, after getting turned off by it.

They might actually get more business if the bumps were cut back to the allowable account limits! These appear to be good sellers and buyers, and they may be pleasantly surprised with such a change.

•••
I reported 2 threads from a seller who bumped their threads excessively for months and nothing was done.

Edit: I got you bro, enjoy the upvotes :xf.smile: it's just sad that NP allows such behavior.
Hey, it's probably me, why did you report me? I'm not a monster... I just need your soul and flesh to become fully human.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back