IT.COM

other Vetting procedure for sales threads

NameSilo
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Can Namepros look into getting sales listings vetted?

I just looked at a thread that has been bumped for 20 pages and with one of their listings they are asking for more than the domain is listed on a Brandable website.....

How is this allowed?

It smacks of unprofessionalism from the lister and Namepros as you are allowing this to happen......

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The key here is what is really permitted. Yes, ideally if everyone only did only 1-2 bumps per day, that would help make it possible for everyone to have some visibility. The challenge here is asking voluntarily for some individuals to do that, while others with the more frequent posts then end up getting even more exposure.
Is that fair? The bottom line is that if the computer doesn't impose the limits, you can't blame someone for doing what others are doing. It appears to have increased their success with sales. Thanks for sharing, both of you.
We are talking about an automated way of bumping here. And if it is also done so frequently, it becomes annoying. I'm not sure if it's allowed or not, just want to point out here that I don't like seeing the domain in the New Posts section so often. Regardless of domain quality or specific user. The problem can be resolved in multiple ways, by the user and by NamePros.

•••
@Matheus Oliveira

It was your own suggestion today, to do it only 4 times a day, which was a good suggestion.

1672646047083.png

•••
We are talking about an automated way of bumping here. And if it is also done so frequently, it becomes annoying. I'm not sure if it's allowed or not, just want to point out here that I don't like seeing the domain in the New Posts section so often. Regardless of domain quality or specific user. The problem can be resolved in multiple ways, by the user and by NamePros.
When I first signed on, there were very clear limitations that the Namepros server enforced. When doing postings, there would be clear messages when a bump was not yet permitted. So, that's why this is so puzzling. The Namepros server has and does limit bumps when they are past the allowable amount provided by the individual's account level--at least at the beginner level.
Perhaps really the ultimate solution is having the Namepros server provide the reminders and automatically limit the bumps according to the account level--at all levels.

•••
•••
•••
Wait a minute, my bumps should only go up 2 times a day in "New posts" does it go up that often?

•••
A simple solution would be great for me. On NamePros, I mostly follow discussions and not the marketplace section. I think a setting to completely suppress the marketplace notifications would be a brilliant idea. After that, it doesn't really matter to me how often it is bumped or not.

•••
Wait a minute, my bumps should only go up 2 times a day in "New posts" does it go up that often?
I'm not sure. The whole thing is very confusing at this point.
On NamePros, I mostly follow discussions and not the marketplace section. I think a setting to completely suppress the marketplace notifications would be a brilliant idea.
That would be very nice. For the past year, I really haven't paid much attention to the selling listings as well--partly due to the ovewhelming number of sales posts.
Keep in mind, though, that the Blue and Gold members are allowed their extra bumps per day. They pay for this ability, along with some other perks. They help to support the forum and keep it going. The New Posts on the front page is a nice point of visibility for them.

Namepros no doubt wants to make certain that the extra perks of the paid account levels really do matter. If they are a Gold member, it's five (not six, my error) bumps a day that appear to be currently permitted. Restricting them to one bump a day could cause a loss of paid memberships.

•••
I just noticed not 1 mod/NP staff has addressed anything is this thread. Saw a sales thread with 12 bumps already for 1 thread but can’t find what level that’s ok with. Is this forum more free for all at this point.

@Bravo Mod Team No limit bumping?

Last edited:
•••
I just noticed not 1 mod/NP staff has addressed anything is this thread. Saw a sales thread with 12 bumps already for 1 thread but can’t find what level that’s ok with. Is this forum more free for all at this point. No limit bumping?
The whole bump issue is very strange. For my account level, the server does prevent any bumps more than the 3/d allotted by my account level. The curious thing was why some members appeared to be able to bump even multiple times in an hour.
Having the mods check into that would be great---if it's still going on. It go so overwhelming with one poster that I did finally felt the need to implement a solution. If you put the person on ignore, the postings no longer are visible to you, at least in the new posts alert. When the posts were bumping about every 10 minutes, it seemed that that was the only way to get it to stop.
As far as I know, there is no account level that allows more than 5 bumps a day, but for some reason, members that aren't even Gold level are able to do much, much more than that. That then decreases the visibility for those with the much, much lower bump limitations. Fairness across the board might be helpful.

•••
The whole bump issue is very strange. For my account level, the server does prevent any bumps more than the 3/d allotted by my account level. The curious thing was why some members appeared to be able to bump even multiple times in an hour.
Having the mods check into that would be great---if it's still going on. It go so overwhelming with one poster that I did finally felt the need to implement a solution. If you put the person on ignore, the postings no longer are visible to you, at least in the new posts alert. When the posts were bumping about every 10 minutes, it seemed that that was the only way to get it to stop.
As far as I know, there is no account level that allows more than 5 bumps a day, but for some reason, members that aren't even Gold level are able to do much, much more than that. That then decreases the visibility for those with the much, much lower bump limitations. Fairness across the board might be helpful.
Apparently it’s in the rules according to Paul in this thread below,when somebody pointed out someone was bumping their thread every 15 minutes. I just can’t find where those rules are where you can bump that much, I don’t see that mentioned in the account levels section. @Bravo Mod Team where is that at?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/bu...nually-typing-everytime.1266599/#post-8725102

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Ok, now quote the part where it allows what you’re doing. I don’t see it on the pages you just linked to
Unfortunately I don't know about this rule, but before automating the bumps I had read them all and I don't remember seeing anything like that...

•••
Apparently it’s in the rules according to Paul in this thread below,when somebody pointed out someone was bumping their thread every 15 minutes. I just can’t find where those rules are where you can bump that much, I don’t see that mentioned in the account levels section. @Bravo Mod Team where is that at?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/bu...nually-typing-everytime.1266599/#post-8725102
The Xenforo Bump Tool plugin appears to be the issue. It allows the automated bumps to happen, without adhering to the account level limits. The automted bump tool sounds great---it perhaps needs some tweaking, to integrate it to function at the level that is permissible by the account level.
Paul seemed to allude to the notion that it's ok to have the extra bumps, because somehow they don't matter. That wouldn't be good, though, if somehow you're making it appear they are happening, but really aren't. People pay or work hard to get to a level where they get a certain number of bumps allowable. They should matter.

Last edited:
•••
The Xenforo Bump Tool plugin appears to be the issue. It allows the automated bumps to happen, without adhering to the account level limits. The automted bump tool sounds great---it perhaps needs some tweaking so only the permissible number of account-level bumps happen.
yeah, I don’t blame the people because Paul said it’s within the rules. But I just can’t seem to locate those rules @Paul where are those rules that don’t seem to match up with account limits?

Last edited:
•••
Ok, now quote the part where it allows what you’re doing. I don’t see it on the pages you just linked to
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-is-a-forum-bump.1149907/#post-7363793

Apparently NP doesn't consider posts after "Bump" as "Bump" so there's no reason to intervene... like if I have 2-3 bumps a day my post will go up in different areas like Discover, etc, when those 2- 3 bumps are spent, the rest are disregarded as a bump and are considered normal comments... even going up in tabs like 'buy' the bump only serves to have more visibility in different areas of the site.

•••

Apparently NP doesn't consider posts after "Bump" as "Bump" so there's no reason to intervene... like if I have 2-3 bumps a day my post will go up in different areas like Discover, etc, when those 2- 3 bumps are spent, the rest are disregarded as a bump and are considered normal comments... even going up in tabs like 'buy' the bump only serves to have more visibility in different areas of the site.
Can you change the automated bump tool for yourself to provide only the actual number of bumps/d permitted by the membership rules? That would solve the problem, which appears to be a technical matter that Namepros has yet to address.
I doubt you want to be on the "ignore" button for most of the members. That's what happens, though, if there are too many bumps. Then none of your listings get seen. So, it seems to be in your best interest to fix the problem yourself while Namepros tech support fixes the plugin.

Last edited:
•••

His reply didn’t make any sense to me. For one of your threads I see 12 bumps. Somewhere else I saw somebody mention a bump every 15 minutes, that’s almost 100 a day

Last edited:
•••
Can you change the automated bump tool for yourself to provide only the actual number of bumps/d permitted by the membership rules. That would solve the problem, which appears to be a technical matter that Namepros has yet to address.
Ah, ok, I don't know if it will change much, there are some other users...

•••
His reply didn’t make any sense to me. For one of your threads I see 12 bumps. Somewhere else I saw somebody mention a bump every 15 minutes, that’s almost 100 a day
Again, I'll say that I didn't even think that this individual was the issue. That individual I felt compelled to put on my "ignore" list. They were doing the bumps every 10 minutes. Whether they are still doing it, I don't know, because I don't see anything from that member at this point.
The "ignore" button is a very powerful tool.

Last edited:
•••
Probably me... there was a time that I was on fire.

•••
Back