IT.COM

registries VeriSign Is Immune From Coronavirus

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
During these turbulent times in the market, I have found myself searching for companies with secure cash flow that are on the receiving end of big dips. These companies, in my opinion, present the best buying opportunities as the markets shed excess weight.

VeriSign was one of the companies that popped up on my list of cash flow stable firms. This business requires little cash to operate and is unlikely to be on the receiving end of a massive drop in revenues. Significant declines present a buying opportunity for long-term investors.

The Cash Cow
To convey what VeriSign does in the fewest words, imagine a toll road. If you're on it, you're paying. Well, VeriSign is that, but for the internet. For every .com domain name registered, the company collects $7.85 per year for every .net registered, a little bit north of $9. With no competition around, they are the internet's toll road.

50002707-15841344271705978.png

read more (seeking alpha)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reminds me of age old myth of some enterprising individual who was selling "shares" of the Brooklyn Bridge.

The "pitch" was that they could post a toll booth on it. lol imagine how much money they could make? lol

•••
... and they still have the balls to ask for price increases. That graphic should be all that is needed to get a resounding... NO!

Last edited:
•••
let's see what their income looked like in 2008-2009!

•••
•••
anytime want look up Verisign stock listed NASDAQ:

VRSN

Still well-above $100, closer to $200

They own VRSN.com despite security warning when go there (?)
@Lox can confirm if Verisign... Why warning, despite money..? :)

Last edited:
•••
Maybe they were too cheap to pay for the SSL cert...? I get that warning sometimes now in most browsers if the site is not https encrypted! LMAO

•••
anytime want look up Verisign stock listed NASDAQ:

VRSN

Still well-above $100, closer to $200

They own VRSN.com despite security warning when go there (?)
@Lox can confirm if Verisign... Why warning, despite money..? :)

VS use a multi domain SSL certificate for various domain name extensions (com,net,org etc, cctld, ngtld). Usually the server will send to y browser the most recently installed certificate assuming it’s likely the most secure or in this cases the server may rotate the certificates (where the old/expired SSL still serving vrsn.com) . Configuration error. They should install the new SSL first and then remove the old one.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
During these turbulent times in the market, I have found myself searching for companies with secure cash flow that are on the receiving end of big dips. These companies, in my opinion, present the best buying opportunities as the markets shed excess weight.

VeriSign was one of the companies that popped up on my list of cash flow stable firms. This business requires little cash to operate and is unlikely to be on the receiving end of a massive drop in revenues. Significant declines present a buying opportunity for long-term investors.

The Cash Cow
To convey what VeriSign does in the fewest words, imagine a toll road. If you're on it, you're paying. Well, VeriSign is that, but for the internet. For every .com domain name registered, the company collects $7.85 per year for every .net registered, a little bit north of $9. With no competition around, they are the internet's toll road.

50002707-15841344271705978.png

read more (seeking alpha)

Thanks so much for the information. I learn so much from NP!(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back