IT.COM

discuss Valuing High SV of now defunct or merged national bank

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LH1

Top Member
Impact
How would you value the high sv relating to a popular bank that is no longer operating under that name? would the appraisal value also be disregarded? Company A used to be called A Bank, 550K SV and 18K appraisal. Operates under different name now. Would the SV and appraisal value transfer or separate entity and therefore disregard?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my opinion, you'll need to wait until the federal TM filing expires (Is no longer active) before you make any big moves, pitches, developments, or monetization efforts. You'll want to consult with an IP/TM attorney as well, prior to moving forward with anything, just to be sure.

In many bank mergers and acquisitions, the new institution also takes control of the trademarks associated to the brand(s).

On the bank merger/acquisition topic, there have been at least 66 bank mergers/acquisitions in the United States alone in 2023 so far.

As a Gold member, you do have access to the professional appraisal section (Accessible to Gold, VIP, and Pro members ONLY). Once I get caught up with the evaluations in the list there now, I wouldn't mind taking a look at your asset, if you wanted to list it there for dissection.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back