NameSilo

UTXO.com sells for $20,000 the meaning behind the 4 letters

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by equity78, Mar 4, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

No bullies like karate.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DirkS

DirkS DutchPirates.com VIP

Lol, the pleural (+s) has been registered for a while now. Available for just 40K :)

3. CraigD

CraigD Top Contributor VIP

Do you even Understand The Word Yourself, because I don't think banks like Underwriting Things Without Yield.

Perhaps it's an acronym for Unsavoury Things We Yell at Unscrupulous Traders Wearing Yellow, who make Underhanded Trades With Yoghurt, while spreading Unusual Tales of Worthless Youth who read the University Trade World Yearbook?

It has potential ;)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  4. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Established Member

On NamePros it would be sold for low $xxx

5. TauseefKhan

TauseefKhan Top Contributor VIP

There is always that somebody who may know more than you or me about a particular domain name.

6. TauseefKhan

TauseefKhan Top Contributor VIP

And, such sales appears to be outliers to us. But, for the investor or an enduser it's a great deal.

7. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

Utah and Wyoming.
    Acronym of each share a border with another.
    E770A142-1452-4B7B-B536-6005F1189BFD.jpeg
    22191491-F370-4D79-B5C0-EB279E208FD7.jpeg
    D8F94AAA-DF58-4688-91B4-57F2E4229EF8.jpeg
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/environment/2020/03/11/wyoming-may-soon-own/

8. TheBuyerz

TheBuyerz Established Member

You must have some technical knowledge to use Bitcoin... especially for the first users involved in... becoming familiar with public and private keys is in itself a big part, not talking about installing and launching a full node... and between ethereum and bitcoin there is a univers of differences... so crypto users are familiar with this technical terms and I can't see any problem to adopte it (knowing it's a casual word on this niche and many learned about it).

9. Jv1999

Jv1999 Wander Aimlessly: Redeemed Knight of the Exo-Tower VIP

From my exp in crypto, the keyword private key is more often used. And that term is going away because wallets are becoming (or are already) user-friendly such that no one uses private keys... just the wallet safety passwords and authentications.

UTXO is even more foreign than the keyword private key. People are just going to say "wallet balance" or something.

10. DuDD

DuDD Established Member

sorry
    I dont understand what you mean:xf.frown:

11. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

No brains little knowledge
    nblk.com

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  12. DuDD

DuDD Established Member

It still has substantial Chinese meanings just like niubi(y)

13. Driving

Driving Account Closed

With x in name thought would be doomed. I see it was a Chinese crypto site with a month of high traffic. Aug 2018

14. LoodeX

LoodeX Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

X factor is always on the map

15. Angelsscoutdomains

Angelsscoutdomains Established Member

Lol! I sense sarcasm here!

16. TopSilver

TopSilver Established Member

This is interesting. I have unlimited access to 4 letter .com domains that have expired. Sometimes even 3 letter .com domains are in the list. I can't believe a domain like that would sell for that much. Definitely interesting to hear this and thanks for sharing.

17. LoodeX

LoodeX Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

How are you unlimited to domains and why would you be surprised that the ONE you were not able to acquire sold as little as 20k ?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  18. TopSilver

@LoodeX there's a ton of them that have expired on an expired domain site I get on called expireddomains.net - If you use namecheap you can pick up a ton for only around $9 each. Good for reselling.

19. King

King Investor & Creator VIP Gold Account

Interesting, I did not know that was a term for such event.

20. Corey

Corey GDBR. com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

no Domains found

21. TopSilver

Yeah I thought I remember seeing some but I believe it was 4 characters, rather then 4 letters. That being with a number included. However I did snag a 3 letter with a dash just recently from year 2000. There are some gems on there. The best method in my opinion seems to be to go for the domains that have the greatest number of backlink domains pointing towards it which you can do by clicking the proper header so the ones with the most go to the top. As for this domain selling for that much it has me quite interested in what the future holds for me as far as a career might go which I've been considering. I feel like most domain sellers tend to use the money they make off it to buy more. So in turn that's probably what I'll be doing once I make a sale or 2.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  22. GreatBrand.in

GreatBrand.in Established Member

The more I learn the more I realized that I don't know anything. Thank you so much @Jv1999 for sharing this valuable insight. There are so many things to learn and keep updating. Those of us who compare Domain with real estate here that might be true for the domain end-user but for domainers it is big ever expanding GALAXY. We find some new stars here and there. Nobody knows from where it start & where it will end. And in spit of your best effort you can't cover everything. If you expand your portfolio exponentially just to cover everything you realize that you entered into blackhole which has started sucking your energy (profitability/ annual renew) and eventually their is nothing to acquire and grab.

Don't know if it make sense in crypto or any other upcoming sector, I own UTroX .com which I acquired long ago simply because I liked it as a short, simple & memorable name, perfect criteria for GreatBrands and now after reading your article and some research I believe it has bright future prospects.

Thank you once again.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  23. Jv1999

Jv1999 Wander Aimlessly: Redeemed Knight of the Exo-Tower VIP

That's what's hard about domaining. You're constantly doing research because the dropping domains are in all industries.

That's why people tell you to concentrate on one industry you know and just buy domains for that one.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice