IT.COM

Using Facebook to Boost Traffic to your Minisites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I love owning mini sites ( less than 30 pages), they are a great way to monetize unused domains.

My question is has anyone here tried boosting their traffic with facebook?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It definitely works, but it requires efforts, time and money (fully automated processes don't work well anymore).

Selling developped or even semi-developped websites (not domains) is a different activity than domaining. You should treat it as a profit center and see if it's worth your time.

•••
You can definitely use user-based platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc to boost traffic. Your question might be general why my answer's this way. But personally, I've used Facebook to generate engagement on my niche given that the people I target have genuine interest on it as well.

With Facebook , you can set up a page with a tab that links to your minisite. Or simply use Facebook as a separate site on top of yours.

And I've not yet even mentioned the Ads Manager provided with your FB account. If you really want to get more traffic, that's an option and there are plenty of folks who share their knowledge using it. Make no mistake about the simplicity of the social site's interface. Details matter when it comes to setting up ads - like most advertising platforms, you'd have to set up your parameters which I think you can also apply on your posts and pages, not only on ad campaigns.

If you're looking for a reputable platform, well I've learned that they have a high intolerance to folks not following their guidelines and I believe they've updated their NewsFeed algorithms again so that it's mostly user-based / user-generated. I'm not quite sure on details of that last bit so good Luck on your findings.

•••
Use facebook and google plus,, twitter wont give you much traffic because there are a lots of bots in there,, I use FB and G+ for my adult sites and I'm getting a pretty decent amount of traffic on them..

•••
Can be possible with the posting and updations within the social medias, especially with the Facebook, we can easily get the traffic to our website by our maintenance of accounts we are owning.

•••
yeah i did. i created a page for my site then post my site link there for new posts.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back