Domain Empire

.us .us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wilfredo

Internet EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
What is you guess how long it will take for .us to become known in the .us

All over the world countries are getting their ccTLD as no:1. How long will it take for USA to get used to their ?

I guess it will take maybe about 1 year, at first longer but a year in internet time isnt a regular year ;D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
planet mars i suppose the war planet i believe that zips around the sun fairly fast.
everyone here in usa loves .com it will take some time until a few huge companies start advertizing big time
who knows whenthat will hit... well i do have esp.name

•••
Originally posted by harpo
who knows whenthat will hit... well i do have esp.name

I have iOracle.com , and my crystal ball says .us will see mainstream use within two years. :notme:

•••
It will take some nice and long years.

•••
Well just look here in Sweden it took like 2-3 months for us to change ;D

But we are well known to try new things, I actully read that we are the best in the world at it ;D

Yeah, the .us can take sometime. But it all depends when a few starts using it, after that the rest will follow.

•••
IMHO the future of the us ccTLD will be determined by American Web developers and the small and medium sized American businesses that are their clients. Domainers might prefer .com to all other extensions, but most dont own any high quality one or two word generic com domains, as they have been bought by speculators or businesses for thousands and most will probably never be developed into sites, but held like stocks. Most individuals and small businesses are therefore left only with poor quality com domains to choose from or must look to the other extensions. This is one of the reasons that in the UK and Germany most businesses sites are now developed using the .co.uk and .de ccTLD. Most customers also prefer sites which address their local national needs as indicated by ccTLD extensions. As the number of high quality sites that are developed on the .us ccTLD increases so will the public acceptance of the .us ccTLD.

•••
Indeed Andersdb, my view also :)

•••
.com was our original ccTLD not technically but its what we all used for 10+ years.

I dont think we will ever use .us before .com unless we know that the site is .us

.com will always be the first thing to come to our minds

•••
.com will always be the first thing to come to our minds

yes but the generations change !

•••
Well the hole world said the same thing as you kaliboy2g, and it changed for them.

Hard to see that such a partriotic country as USA will diss their or country code. ;D

Change is coming you will see.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back