IT.COM

.us .us v .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What do American's prefer, .us or .com ? :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Mark my words ... 5 years from now .com will be associated with "the old Internet". :)

•••
dsiomtw said:
Mark my words ... 5 years from now .com will be associated with "the old Internet". :)

That's one reason it's so popular now. No one wants to look like they are late to market, just discovered the internet, or are too new to have a good .com. Same reason companies value 800 numbers over 888, 877, and 866 even though they all do the same thing. 800 number have been around forever, and 888 also for some time. Time hasn't significantly changed the preference for 800, and I don't think it will with .com either.

•••
Same reason companies value 800 numbers over 888, 877, and 866 even though they all do the same thing.
Those who are bullish on .US believe that over time there'd be much more segmentation and geo-targetting of the Internet ...When that happens, in contrast to these toll free numbers, .com and .us *WILL NOT* do the same thing...one will be highly specific for businesses and entities within the USA...and that they believe would make the key difference!

•••
Binfus said:
Those who are bullish on .US believe that over time there'd be much more segmentation and geo-targetting of the Internet ...When that happens, in contrast to these toll free numbers, .com and .us *WILL NOT* do the same thing...one will be highly specific for businesses and entities within the USA...and that they believe would make the key difference!

well said, bin.

•••
Movement and evolution out of the ordinary fixated outdated past is a continual progression and internal fight within natures laws , change in itself is the only constant stationary presence that sustains,
An Obvious look into the developing minds of the university kids say that alternative ext are cool. they are naming their bands and personal sites with these ext .ws .us A revolution is smoldering a rebellion is underway from the outdated thinking front against a fixture presence , try as they may
.com will be confronted with the agile creative minds of the youth no contest submission will surge before we know it.....To find without looking and seek with out seeking will be an impetous that inspires a whole new way at seeing domains. and who know there may be a turn around and .com will come falling and the others may rise....................

•••
harpo said:
Movement and evolution out of the ordinary fixated outdated past is a continual progression...

I need to get out my thesaurus after that one...
:hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back