IT.COM

.info .US, .INFO, and Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Can anyone provide a link to a Google search that has extensions .us and .info in the top 10 results?

I found some .us sites for the search term "dotUS". But that one doesn't really count.

Is it even possible to rank well with a .us or .info?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
For .us

Arlington

#2 listed site at Google is arlingtonva.us

#7 site is an .us extension too.

•••
I'm not sure if you are trolling or what but google does rank .US and .INFO just fine. Does google have a .COM bias? Probably, but do a search for any County + School and 99.9% of the time the public school district's .US address is the #1 result. Many state and local government services also rank #1 using their .US addresses.

AutoLoans.us ranks very well for it's exact match

BlackFriday.info ranks #1 for it's term.

ImageShack.us ranks well for lots of relevant terms.

Spain.info is #3 for "spain"

I'm a .US and .INFO investor so when I see a .INFO or .US rank well, I note it... and I can say that they show up on page 1 for competitive keywords all the time.

•••
Available Name List: #9 DropZone.us
GoDaddy Closeouts: #7 DropZone.us

A former domain of mine Bullsharks.info held the #1 spot on Google for the term "bullsharks".

•••
Google have said they don't discriminate by gTLD

When you think about it, it would be mad with all their PhDs to brand all .info's better or worse than .com simply because they were a .info

Following on the country theme try a search for "Germany" and "Peru", searches from different areas vary but the .info for these two seem to usually be in the top 3.

Last edited:
•••
I'm sure .com has a general bias; however, it's just more likely that more effort or time has been put into the .com sites that you come across when you are searching.

Try NOOB! #2 :)

•••
I think one major factor in not seeing them rank often is that there are fewer developed .us and .info names.

I recently paid reg fee for one of my converting keywords in .us because all the major extensions are taken. None of the other extensions are developed, so I am curious to see if I'll be able to rank for the exact match keyword in .us. We'll see.

•••
StimulusCheck.us is at the top of the 2nd page of results for "2010 Stimulus Check." It's one of Morgan Linton's sites - he does nearly all his monetization with .us and non .coms.

.US also seems particularly suited to Geos so those (like ArlingtonVA) will always rank well. Come to think of it, I just accessed that site a few days ago to pay a parking ticket.

I see some .infos ranked well, but that's mostly German names coming up in Google.de.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back