Dynadot

.us .US for non US residents?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is there any legal way to register a .US not violatingany rules?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A couple of the attitudes represented in this thread are disturbing to me, both as a .US supporter and a domainer in general. Anyway... while it's true they can't investigate every single registration, you indeed run the risk of forfeiting your domain if you are caught deliberately violating the rules.

redz said:
The USA is distracted with bigger things right now like Storms and terrorism :hehe:
Yeah, that's hilarious dude. :|

•••
-db- - So there is no legal way?

•••
wasistdas,

First of all, I commend you for seeking the legitimate and legal way to do things. :tu:

Here are the 'official' requirements, taken directly from the Neustar site.

=====================

Who can register a .US domain name?

Any U.S. citizen or resident, as well as any business or organization, including federal, state, and local government with a bona fide presence in the United States can register a .US domain name.

One of the following eligibility requirements must be met:

- A natural person (i) who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories or (ii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions, or

- Any entity or organization that is incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, or any of its possessions or territories, or

- An entity or organization (including federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States. See Section B.3.1 of the NeuStar proposal to the Department of Commerce for details concerning what constitutes a “bona fide presence.“

Source: http://www.neustar.us/faqs

=====================

If you don't qualify under any of those conditions yourself, you could always partner with a family member, friend or associate in America that could use their qualifications to register or own .US domains. Some of my best sales have been to people living in Germany, China and the Netherlands that have a (business) partner presence here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back