Domain Empire

.us .us extention

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is it worth anything or should we wait a little while?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends what name it is, Games.US is worth something wheras figdjgfdg.US probably aint. .com will ALWAYS be worth more IMO

•••
Good quality .US domains, single generic words, 3-letters and acronyms are already worth a healthy amount, and the sales are there to prove it. At the same time I have to say that made-up domains, really long 2-3 words, or poor quality 3-letters are not worth much right now. The extension is not yet mature enough that any average name is going to attract much attention, or a high resale value.

Choose wisely and you will be fine. Good luck. :)

•••
/\

He says it because hes powered by .US domains :p

•••
People should remember, this is true even in .com... .us is an up and comer. I believe we can expect great things from the ext in the future.

-db- said:
At the same time I have to say that made-up domains, really long 2-3 words, or poor quality 3-letters are not worth much right now.

•••
Mystic said:
/\

:p

•••
.us is getting worth more and more in value, the only way its going to go is up :)

•••
Mystic said:
/\

Don't make me come over there! 8-X

:laugh: :p

•••
I always say, "Don't make me come down to your size.." ;)

-db- said:
Don't make me come over there! 8-X

:laugh: :p

•••
Sabre Hosting said:
.us is getting worth more and more in value, the only way its going to go is up :)

Everyone now... one, two, three... GROUP HUG :p

•••
^^ :hehe:

Marthijn said:

I believe I've seen some Sales threads of late with at or near expiring three - letter .US's ... will these be an unique opportunity to acquire them at potential "Quick Sale" prices, IYHO's? :gl:
Thanks for the input, I too am a bit unsure of the current state of the ".US" (though logic tells me, again ... "patience is a virtue"!), IMHO.
B-)

•••
Jeff said:
^^ :hehe:

I believe I've seen some Sales threads of late with at or near expiring three - letter .US's ... will these be an unique opportunity to acquire them at potential "Quick Sale" prices, IYHO's? :gl:
Thanks for the input, I too am a bit unsure of the current state of the ".US" (though logic tells me, again ... "patience is a virtue"!), IMHO.
B-)

Now is an ideal time to enter the .us domain market IMO.... :)

If you see a bargain, go for it! :tu:

•••
Some names are more than others, I'll probably wait a lil longer to see how some of the other extensions will impact the domain venue..

•••
Mystic said:
Games.US is worth something wheras figdjgfdg.US probably aint.
Would figdjgfdg.com be worth much?

.com will ALWAYS be worth more IMO
If someone says "property value in such and such location is increasing in worth", how would you like the response "Manhattan will ALWAYS be worth more"....this kind of response will be considered pretty weird in real life...almost like "Duh"....but I see this all the time when there's a discussion about value of newer tlds.

•••
"Well word on the street is that Great domains have entered the buying of dropped .us names and other companies are coming in for the hunt ,,,, the cats out of the bag ,, its gonna be harder to get what you want in the .us field not much luck for new commers just same old same old prices rising oh Well"
Quote from eeyore from Winnie the Poo

oh yeah i heard through the grape vine that bill gates has agreed with this too.
Paul

Last edited:
•••
The people that end up not taking the risk, and decide to "wait", often don't become successful in that area. (Just my 2 cents), so I say jump in.

•••
Marthijn said:

I think the time for investing in .US is now. I have much faith and confidence in the name space. I have quite a few and I just registered a new one yesterday.

AmCy

•••
i like .us,,,, though was wondering are you allowed to sell them as a business, say like buy names and sell them??? isnt there rules against that??

oh yah
mr powered by .us man ....... db what is your price on www.dev.us

•••
Really depends on how many people would want it. Like is it a common word that some people may go to?

•••
He guys, thanks for the anwsers! I think i wil buy a few

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back