5.0%
  2. .dn (.domain name)

10.0%
  3. .other (specify below)

85.0%
Total: 20 vote(s)
  1. Zilla

Zilla KEEP or DROP VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Use gdn as garden is an innovative hack...thanks for this idea...even I am not sure how many others agree it...at least feel it is make kind of sense imo....

then, I checked (via dynadot) somthing may related with garden , like fish, birds, cat, dog, flower, butterfly, those all been marked as reserved names,....while I search more, I found lots of words been reserved or sell at higher reg/renew price(I didnot do any dictionary check, just check some easy simple word jump into my mind, like tiger.gdn, kush.gdn, ebook.gdn, bigdata.gdn, cloud.gdn...etc....may be u want check btc.gdn or coin.gdn I am not sure if those still there)

Finally, I reged this one....sorry for out of topic...may be it should move to "reg of today" thread but I just want echo to otismo's idea..and I also like the csszengarden book very much,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ncinsure90

ncinsure90 Established Member

This discussion is very helpful.

3. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

.com has become default extension globally or even on nation level in many countries or at least is accepted as a good alternative to strong cctlds. Meaning, you'd be ok to start a travel business at reise.com in Germany if you'd own it.

But, this extension is objectively a beauty that is hard to beat.

1. It sounds great. Just say a word and add "dot com". Now compare to "xyz" or "gdn" or even "org" which very often in ads is actually spelled out "visit us at our nonprofit dot Ou-aR-Gee".

2. It has very robust meaning from commercial (the original meaning) to company (co) to communications. And those words sound the same in most languages. Now, web has fine meaning, but quite a few languages don't even use "w" and also .web will compete with .net, not .com

3. It is really visually pleasing. c+o+m just flow very nicely. Again compare to "thorny" xyz, for example.

And, back to being default:

If I introduce my company by "Company Name" and I own "Company Name dot com", then I don't even have to tell people what my website is. It is assumed by clients, me, partners etc. Now, even if I don't own it, I go for "Company Name USA dot com", I tell it to my clients and they just remember "oh, ok, I'll just add USA in the end" and in few days they still can recall the URL. But if I went for "Company Name dot gdn/xyz/global/photos/club etc", a client will have hard time recalling which of those obscure extensions my site is at.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice