Dynadot

URGENT** Headsup-Warning!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you own a domain..any type of domain, a precedent has been set! Be VERY cautious out there!

Read the Entire Article Here!

BALTIMORE — A jury has hit an Internet matchmaker with a fine of up to $434,000 for a relationship that ended in alleged abuse.

A federal jury in Baltimore sided withNataliya Fox (search) against Encounters International (search). She accused the company of fraud and negligence, saying it should have screened its male clients.

She also says the company's owner told her to endure the alleged abuse or go home to Ukraine. She says she wasn't told about a law that helps foreign nationals escape abusive relationships without fear of automatic deportation.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thank god i dont have matchmaker sites :P btw how much is ilagle VB? i dont care i aint getting sued i say buy VB :D

•••
I think this goes way way beyond dating sites. It makes us liable for virtually anything that can happen offline to people.

example:

You and me flame to the point of physically wanting to hurt each other.
We agree to meet at a bar and "settle it" once and for all.
I lose, and potentially..per this precendent, could sue -RJ-.

other examples:

SoCalSVRiders.com has a track day for their riders. One of the riders injures himself by high siding on turn 1 at willow springs and sues Paul (owner of SoCalSVRiders.com).

etc etc etc.

Precendents like this are very very bad.

•••
She also says the company's owner told her to endure the alleged abuse or go home to Ukraine. She says she wasn't told about a law that helps foreign nationals escape abusive relationships without fear of automatic deportation.

I'm guessing that that line right there is why she is sueing them. If the owner of the site would have said, "I'm sorry, this is over our limit and is in your hands." or something like that, I don't think that problem would exist right now.

•••
Whooo.. glad I'm not involved! :tu:

•••
Wow reading the article im liek :|

•••
Encounters International is not an “Internet dating” service. It is a mail order bride meat house that happens to have a website. These women are regularly abused, even murdered. Natasha Spivack is one of the most infamous players in this business.

This has nothing to do with domain names, or even the Internet. It's strictly about exploitation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back