Dynadot

Unwanted fast transfer request from AN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Why does it happen?

I listed a domain long time ago. Got price request long time ago. Responded to it immediately.
And suddenly after a long break and no action in that period, that domain receives a fast transfer request.

This suggests that some robot is making price requests and dls requests randomly.

Or does this mean there is a buyer? No. A buyer can buy without dls.
It could happen like this, someone else lists my domain, tries to establish fast transfer by tricking me into approving it (assuming requests are sent to admin contact), and once/when transferred he would get the money.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why does it happen?

I listed a domain long time ago. Got price request long time ago. Responded to it immediately.
And suddenly after a long break and no action in that period, that domain receives a fast transfer request.

This suggests that some robot is making price requests and dls requests randomly.

Or does this mean there is a buyer? No. A buyer can buy without dls.
It could happen like this, someone else lists my domain, tries to establish fast transfer by tricking me into approving it (assuming requests are sent to admin contact), and once/when transferred he would get the money.

Personally I'm surprised theres not some sort of report function in the opt in email where you can tell your registrar you did make the request and they could send an api call back to Afternic with your report immediately causing the listing to switch to in review.

•••
Just got one 2, asking me to opt in fast transfer

but i never listed! Shud i opt afternic fast transf

Samer

Last edited:
•••
This has happened to me once also. The sale is a done deal. It's your responsibility to maintain your prices on your Fast Transfer Domains. Sorry about that.

•••

Be very careful about this. I think I got a pair of emails like this sometime ago, asking me to approve for fast transfer. When I did not list any domain at Afternic.
I didn't click of course.

That email request to approve for fast transfer should be improved, at least, and show clearly, at your registrar, what domains are currently listed for fast transfer.

And more important, the domain listing at Afternic should be done after domain verification, by TXT dns record, or by DNS itself.

Last edited:
•••
Contact Afternic if you did not try to add the name. Those are frauster domainers trying to add your name and the more you report it the more likely they get in trouble.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back