Domain Empire

auction Unusual natural traffic domain for the right buyer - $1 reserve

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a person who can handle and make use of the domain ReplaceMe.com, which due to its nature/context receives natural links and traffic. On occasion, it gets spammed because some spam software/template apparently contains this domain as an example, and then receives dizzying amounts of traffic. This has caused me problems with both my registrar and hosting companies, so I have had to nullroute the domain to not jeopardize my other sites/domains. I redirected it to a charity for a while, but outsourced abuse depts don't get it so that didn't last. The same goes for a hosted page with no ads explaining that the domain is being spammed through no fault of the domain owner.

If I let this expire, undoubtedly someone will pick it up and have their accounts yanked eventually without realizing why, and I rather not keep paying renewal on a domain forever for nothing when I know people exist who have solid hosting and registrar setups and that can make use of this somehow.

Piecing together stats would be impossible due to the nullroute/redirects and changes of hosts, so I ask you to do your own research if you are interested.

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10597 SpamCop discussion during one of the spam periods

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=%22replaceme.com

If someone can take this on for a symbolic amount that are equipped to set up an anti-spam or charity page without getting nuked, that would be perfect. But I'm satisfied as long as it goes to someone who knows what they're getting into.

Starting bid & reserve: $1
Payment: PayPal
Registrar: NameCheap
Expiration date: 26 Nov 2010 15:22:06
Auction Ends: 24 hours after last bid

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Did you try parking it? Or will the traffic get the parking account closed?

•••
Did you try parking it? Or will the traffic get the parking account closed?
If you are really close with the parking company and they know what's up I guess it could work. Otherwise anything can happen when the SpamCop report comes (SpamCop automatically reports the host of whatever URL is spammed, they don't care whether is a URL shortener or a third-party attack or any conditions like that).

•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back