NamesCon2020

Unsolicited offer tripled in less than a week. Advice please?

Labeled as advice in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion started by Chief93, Jan 4, 2020.

Replies:
10
Views:
650

  1. Chief93

    Chief93 New Member

    Posts:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    I purchased a domain name @10 years ago that I felt would be valuable. I’ve not listed it, but have received two offers in a week, presumably from the same buyer. It’s listed on a reputable site and the offers are in the four digits. How would you recommend I proceed.

    Thanks
     
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. cooljub

    cooljub Established Member

    Posts:
    509
    Likes Received:
    666
    :xf.confused:

    Hi, really it's difficult to advise without knowing the name or the offer.

    Also, beware. If they ask you to pay for an appraisal, it's a scam.
     
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  3. Drongy

    Drongy Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    913
    Likes Received:
    278
    Check if it is not a scam and use DAN for payment?
     
  4. xynames

    xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

    Posts:
    3,812
    Likes Received:
    7,094
    Do the scam offers increase or just start out at some high level intended to entice you right off the bat?
     
  5. cooljub

    cooljub Established Member

    Posts:
    509
    Likes Received:
    666
    True, and they're usually more than four digits I suppose. Still, good to be aware.
     
  6. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,213
    Likes Received:
    2,128
    That's going to be a hell of a lot of advice your asking from any of us that don't know the domain. Almost impossible to direct you. Can you give us some further information on the domain.

    10 years plus for an inquiry is not unusual, if you identified it as a Future market. Not so good, if the market has been around a while
     
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  7. WatchDogue

    WatchDogue Top Member VIP

    Posts:
    2,235
    Likes Received:
    15,166
    Agin, without knowing the domain ( and I am not per se inquiring ) and also without knowing the amount of the 2 offers it is difficult to office specific advice.

    And, do you receive or have you received other offers or is this the most likely buyer for the name?

    Only you know your circumstances re the name, the offers and what your investment is in the name and, what you believe it is worth and, the likelihood of another buyer arriving at this dollar range.

    IF me, after 10 years of holding I would likely " bump up " the last offer just a bit to an amount I would find acceptable and see what response if any comes back.
     
  8. Brands.International

    Brands.International formerly lolwarrior Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    5,966
    Likes Received:
    7,932
    It depends on how much would you like to get for the domain name.

    If your desired price is less the offered price, then sell.

    If your desired price is more then the offered price, then wait for another offer

    That is probably all what can be said, given the amount of info you gave us :)
     
  9. frank-germany

    frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

    Posts:
    7,702
    Likes Received:
    9,741
    the moment I get an offer
    my desired price
    doubles...
     
  10. Chief93

    Chief93 New Member

    Posts:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    Thanks for the reply! It was $1250, then went to $3750
     
  11. Brands.International

    Brands.International formerly lolwarrior Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    5,966
    Likes Received:
    7,932
    I sometimes 10x it .. that is life :)
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...