NameSilo

Unregistry vs Dan vs Domainmarket vs Buydomains for retail

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sputnik7

Established Member
Impact
What do you think about positive and negative sides of these registrars?
Which two of them are best after Afternic and Sedo regarding sale to end users?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dan is (at least currently) a marketplace, and domainmarket, buydomains are closed environment marketplaces. Not sure it's possible to list names on these two.
But to "Who sells the best to end users", I might say Buydomains. They frequently report sales and their site teaches these users correctly

•••
Hi

uniregistry is the only registrar of the group

i think you should know exactly what each are, and what they do....before posing question.

imo....

•••
Hi

uniregistry is the only registrar of the group

i think you should know exactly what each are, and what they do....before posing question.

imo....
Ok, I agree. My mistake in expression and lack of information. But You know I mean retail marketplaces. What do you think of above mentioned and NameJet as well. Do you have good experiences with some of the, and vice versa. If You would have to choose two of these what would be your pick?
Thanks.

•••
I would have said GoDaddy itself would have been the best site equal or better than Sedo/Afternic for selling domains to end users.

•••
I would have said GoDaddy itself would have been the best site equal or better than Sedo/Afternic for selling domains to end users.
How do you mean that? Namely, when you put domain on Afternic it is automatically listed on GoDaddy sale but also on many other registars as well.

•••
How do you mean that? Namely, when you put domain on Afternic it is automatically listed on GoDaddy sale but also on many other registars as well.

End users know GoDaddy but are unlikely to know Afternic. If you use an Afternic landing page, it is only fairly recently that they have added the GoDaddy brand to their landing pages. If the domain sells on a GoDaddy landing page.... who has sold the domain Afternic or GoDaddy. And similarly... if you add it at GoDaddy it will be on sale at Afternic. Who has sold the domain? You can't just add all Afternic & GoDaddy sales and say they are all Afternic. You question was specifically about END USERS.

•••
Uni.works

Their landing page with GoDaddy logo is a green light for many end users.

Last edited:
•••
You can't sell at BuyDomains or DomainMarket so they would be off the list.

You sell at

Afternic
Sedo
Uniregistry Also a registrar
GoDaddy Also a registrar
NameJet
Dynadot Also a registrar
NameSilo Also a registrar
Epik Also a registrar
DAN

Brandable Marketplaces

BrandBucket
Squadhelp
Brandpa

•••
You can't sell domain on buydomain...they only list their own domain

•••
Dan is (at least currently) a marketplace, and domainmarket, buydomains are closed environment marketplaces. Not sure it's possible to list names on these two.
But to "Who sells the best to end users", I might say Buydomains. They frequently report sales and their site teaches these users correctly
I really dont know about buydomains though I see them often in namebio sales. Do they buy or list our domains or not?!

•••
I really dont know about buydomains though I see them often in namebio sales. Do they buy or list our domains or not?!
Answer to your question is above... Go thru those comments above...you will know.

•••
End users know GoDaddy but are unlikely to know Afternic. If you use an Afternic landing page, it is only fairly recently that they have added the GoDaddy brand to their landing pages. If the domain sells on a GoDaddy landing page.... who has sold the domain Afternic or GoDaddy. And similarly... if you add it at GoDaddy it will be on sale at Afternic. Who has sold the domain? You can't just add all Afternic & GoDaddy sales and say they are all Afternic. You question was specifically about END USERS.
Yes yes for end users. Frankly, I don't understand what do you mean by landing pages exactly. I heard milion times that Afternic and GoDaddy have the same owner and that they are practically the same company. I have already put some domains on Afternic and after that I saw them on GoDaddy and I am quite sure they are listed on their Premium listing as well but I will check that. In That case Afternic is a "seller" but I think that do not change anything. I know that GoDaddy is better for end users than other registrars but why not to have listed domains on some other registrars if I did not in a first place register my domains on GoDaddy?

•••

You sell at

Afternic
Sedo
GoDaddy Also a registrar
NameJet
Dynadot Also a registrar
Epik Also a registrar
DAN

Brandable Marketplaces

BrandBucket
Squadhelp
Brandpa
So, If Afternic reseller network includes GoDaddy, Dynadot, NameSilo and Epik of these above marketplaces and if we say that Brandable marketplaces are special-other type of marketplaces then NameJet and Dan could be the answer to my question?

•••

You sell at

Afternic
Sedo
GoDaddy Also a registrar
NameJet
Dynadot Also a registrar
Epik Also a registrar
DAN

Brandable Marketplaces

BrandBucket
Squadhelp
Brandpa
And Uniregistry.

•••
Yes yes for end users. Frankly, I don't understand what do you mean by landing pages exactly. I heard milion times that Afternic and GoDaddy have the same owner and that they are practically the same company. I have already put some domains on Afternic and after that I saw them on GoDaddy and I am quite sure they are listed on their Premium listing as well but I will check that. In That case Afternic is a "seller" but I think that do not change anything. I know that GoDaddy is better for end users than other registrars but why not to have listed domains on some other registrars if I did not in a first place register my domains on GoDaddy?

A landing page is what you see when you type in a domain name in your browser and it lands on a forsale page. Hence the name "landing page". the rest I don't really understand what you are trying to say.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back