Dynadot

Unlimited space/bandwith/subdomain hosting that's about 15$ a year

NameSilo
Watch
Anyone have a good recommendation of unlimited space/bandwith/subdomain hosting that's about 15$ a year or less? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can barely get reliable limited hosting for $15 a year, yet your looking for unlimited space/bandwidth?

Feel free to let me know where I can get an unlimited hard drive :D

•••
In answer to the first post, sorry no i dont and in answer to the second post here: www...........com lol

•••
i can offer you free unlimited this package,

but you have to do what , i will say...also u have to add my banner on the first page of your site only

pm me if interested

•••
Itz no such thang unlimited space and b/w. Thatz a scam.

•••
There is no such thing as "unlimited" bandwidth or space.

A harddrive will eventually get full, and there is always a bandwidth limit.

Anyone whom offers unlimited is obviously overselling.

Stephen

•••
people do offer unmetered, but there is still a limit to that.

•••
There is no such thing as unlimited!
But there is "Unmetered"

Time for someone to do a little research

•••
Surprisingly, I had that for $8 a year and it worked fine for over 6 months, after which I sold that web-site off. I wonder how it held off for so long, and still works even today!

All I remember is that I found that deal on eBay for BIN -- sorry, I can't help you any more.

•••
Are you serious about that?

In my opinion, nothing is unlimited and whoever offers it is probably lieing to you.

•••
the word unlimited is unlimited! kek

•••
Yes, I am dead serious, and my site even used around 600MB space and 60GB bandwidth every month -- and I never even got a complaint from the hoster.

•••
I'm sorry, but I'm highly suspicious of your claims of using 60 GB, especially given the stories from the eBay unlimited scams and the fact that it was $8/yr. Considering the costs of what it takes to run a server, the host would be losing quite alot of money or otherwise there would be so many websites that you wouldn't be able to even reach your site. If this case is true, then I can say in over 3 years of being in the industry I have never heard this before.

However, getting to my main point, unlimited this or that doesn't exist and even umetered has a limit. Unmetered is just another false name because there is a limit and eventually that limit will be reached, but that's another discussion for another thread. If you can afford $15/year then I'm sure you can come up with $5-$10/month for a decent account. How much space/transfer are you really going to use? If your sites are getting that much traffic then they should be making more than enough revenue to cover decent hosting/server costs and still make a profit.

•••
use www.streamlinenet.co.uk thats what I use, free UK domains and unlimited space and bandwidth, if they cant host your site due to space or bandwidth you get a refund of everything you've ever paid to them.

•••
No such thing as unlimited space, thing of the hosters server as another PC, the space will run out sometime! This is called over selling. This may cause you website to load SUPER slow

•••
My experience

I have used 2 different unlimited ('unmetered') bandwith and storage space plans bought off eBay in the past at around 10$ per YEAR. The first was with Sonoma hosting and it worked for the entire year without any problems. After that ran out, they wanted to automatically charge me like 15$ a month but I just switched to another hosting plan I bought on eBay from Kavey Hosting at about 10$ for the year. It was great to me for the first 4 or so months up until now when my hosting just went down (and they don't respond to my phone calls or emails)- I was only using about 600mb storage and 6-10 gb bandwith a month. I run two real sites for myself and friends and then I have about 10 smaller sites (real domain names forwarded to my unlimited subdomains of the main site) with adsense that only get like 5 hits a day on each (no serious bandwith or space required).

I know unlimited isnt really unlimited but it's still more than I need.

I guess I'll just go back on eBay and buy another hosting plan for a year for ~$10 to cover me until it stops working unless you have a better solution.

•••
Why would I bs on that? I'm serious.

CrazyTech said:
I'm sorry, but I'm highly suspicious of your claims of using 60 GB, especially given the stories from the eBay unlimited scams and the fact that it was $8/yr. Considering the costs of what it takes to run a server, the host would be losing quite alot of money or otherwise there would be so many websites that you wouldn't be able to even reach your site. If this case is true, then I can say in over 3 years of being in the industry I have never heard this before.

However, getting to my main point, unlimited this or that doesn't exist and even umetered has a limit. Unmetered is just another false name because there is a limit and eventually that limit will be reached, but that's another discussion for another thread. If you can afford $15/year then I'm sure you can come up with $5-$10/month for a decent account. How much space/transfer are you really going to use? If your sites are getting that much traffic then they should be making more than enough revenue to cover decent hosting/server costs and still make a profit.

•••
learn from my buddy Jordan...

quote from http://forums.devshed.com/t250874/s.html made by Jordan

"If it's one thing that ticks me off, it's some of the people here asking for free hosting. Now, granted, I do not think that everyone here is out of there mind, only about 90% of the people are, that's why people don't get many replies ;) I'm pretty easy going and do not mind giving out free hosting when I feel like it, but what some of you ask for is down right disrespectful.

On to my point -Some people on here do have some nerves to ask for outrageous plans for FREE! Here are some common people:

1. Mr. Unlimited - Probably the one that makes me the most mad is the people that want "unlimited space and bandwidth", for once again, free. First off, there is no such thing as unlimited space and/or bandwidth! NEVER, EVER, ask for it. If you can find a unlimited space hard drive send me the link! I will glady buy it and install it on my server then host you. As far as bandwidth, it can be VERY expensive. I did a quick (very quick, so price might be completly off, but I heard the same from several other sources) and found that b/w can EASILY cost ~$2/GB.

2. I'm 10 years old and I want to run a hosting company - These kids are next on my "most wanted" list. First off, let me clear this up. I do NOT have a problem with kids running there own website, in fact, I encourage it if they are into it, but, I do not like it when kids try to run there own hosting company. Now granted, there are a HANDFUL of kids out there that can manage it, for a while anyways.. Now, for all the kids out there, where did you learn to manage a server, let alone a reseller hosting account. Yes, WHM is an easy interface, hell, a 3 year old could use it, it doesn't mean he should though. THink of it this way.. If you were a customer, would you want a kid that is still in school that has had NO training on server issues hosting you? I think not. Yes, I know there are knowledgable kids out there that can do it, but not many. And those that do, how do you expect to answer support questions when you have school and after school activites? I have yet to see any web hosting run by kids last over 5 months because they do not know what they are doing. - I may get bad repped for that, but I strongly feel this way

3. I'll take your best package for free please - Ok, what's the deal with people asking for 10 GB webspace and 150GB transfer? First of all, it's very disrespectful and second of all, it proves you have no idea what you are doing. If you use ~50GB b/w, ask for donations from your vistors. With that many, you ought to easily be able to get enough donations to pay for your hosting.

4. If I don't get my way I'll tell my mommy - Ok, if you are going to ask for free hosting, BE NICE! Suck up! Lol. I've seen way to many people ask for outrageous offers then when they get turned down, the throw a fuss.

5. i did no get no fith grade edumaction - If you are going to request free hosting, then act like you have an education and with correct grammer. i no u can type faster like tis but do us all a favor and type >.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, feel free to add on if you want. Mods, this might do good if it's pinned"

•••
Anyone who expects loads of resources for nearly nothing ($10 a year is virtually nothing) does not understand business..at all. Do the numbers: every account entaiis some labor time plus fixed and variable costs. Less than a $1 a month is by definition a money loser. Only the kidde hosts (who haven't a clue about true cost and ROI) or an idiot would price their hosting that way.

BTW, if you have to look ROI up, you don't belong in business.

•••
I had a reseller account with unLIMITed features, for $4/year, well it didn't make past month 2 :/ It was my first experience with reseller account :p

•••
im liking the sounds of these never ending harddrives that can gold unlimited data

where can i get one

(LMAO)

•••
I was simply asking about some cheap hosting specials. Lots of hosting companies will give you a cheap rate for the first year and hope you like it and stick with them when the price rises the 2nd year. I just stay for the first year and I don't feel bad about it- why should I?

•••
I just switched to another hosting plan I bought on eBay from Kavey Hosting at about 10$ for the year. It was great to me for the first 4 or so months up until now when my hosting just went down (and they don't respond to my phone calls or emails)

Guess you get what you paid for...

•••
scrsteven said:
I was simply asking about some cheap hosting specials. Lots of hosting companies will give you a cheap rate for the first year and hope you like it and stick with them when the price rises the 2nd year. I just stay for the first year and I don't feel bad about it- why should I?
I've never heard of a hoster who raises his prices at a yearly basis :p

•••
vip-ip said:
I've never heard of a hoster who raises his prices at a yearly basis :p

Your right, thats because the IT industry is advancing very fast... the only time they would up prices is if the original prices were too low.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back