Domain Empire

Unknown e-check, is it GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Trent1000

Top Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

I've received a mail not so long ago from [email protected].

Claiming:
A payment to you was processed by eCheck.

Best regards,
(nothing here)

Without any identification of the sender. I replied:

"That's great but from what company?"

Then an automatic message came back:

This email is not monitored, please login to your account portal to request support on payments.

Best Regards

Your Payment Support Team.

So I'm waiting for a payment from Godaddy indeed since 2 weeks now, but they never paid me in an e-check, and I suppose they would identify themselves.

Has anyone of you guys ever seen something like this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
More than likely. Or possibly Afternic?
Never been through unidentified e-mail though. Doesn't the echeck provide any information on the source?

•••
Doesn't the echeck provide any information on the source?
There are zero information about it. Echeck.org seems to me the legitimate website of echeck. But there is nothing to see. Looks like it's been built 15 years ago.

I mean who does business this way in 2017?
Godaddy always sent wire transfer for me in the last 2 years. I would be surprised if it was them. A billion dollar company can't identify itself?

Last edited:
•••
There are zero information about it. Echeck.org seems to me the legitimate website of echeck. But there is nothing to see. Looks like it's been built 15 years ago.

I mean who do business this way in 2017?
Godaddy always sent wire transfer for me in the last 2 years. I would be surprised if it was them. A billion dollar company can't identify itself?
Agreed. This is highly unusual

•••
Yes this is GoDaddy. Because just yesterday I added my payment information in my GoDaddy account (to receive payment in case domain sells in premium listing) and I received confirmation email from this domain.

•••
Hi Guys,

I've received a mail not so long ago from [email protected].

Claiming:
A payment to you was processed by eCheck.

Best regards,
(nothing here)

Without any identification of the sender. I replied:

"That's great but from what company?"

Then an automatic message came back:

This email is not monitored, please login to your account portal to request support on payments.

Best Regards

Your Payment Support Team.

So I'm waiting for a payment from Godaddy indeed since 2 weeks now, but they never paid me in an e-check, and I suppose they would identify themselves.

Has anyone of you guys ever seen something like this?
I recvd today for one of my domain i sold through afternic . What is it ?

•••
I recvd today for one of my domain i sold through afternic . What is it ?

An e-check is designed to work in the same way as a traditional check with some other security features such as encryption, public key cryptography etc. Sometimes when you pay for a service or product via PayPal (funded by bank balance) and are refunded back for any reason by the merchant, you may receive an e-check. PayPal usually processes this and you get the money within a week.

In terms of an emailed e-check, I believe you may be able to print this out and take it your bank for deposit or if you have an ATM with OCR check deposit functionality, then you can simple put it into an ATM and it will scan it in for you.

In terms of who sent the e-check, I have no idea but judging from @Hireinternet it seems most likely to be Afternic as he has also received one and there is overlap between where you both sold domains and received the checks.

Best thing to do is reach out to Godaddy and ask them if they have sent you payment yet and in what form.

Last edited:
•••
An e-check is designed to work in the same way as a traditional check with some other security features such as encryption, public key cryptography etc. Sometimes when you pay for a service or product via PayPal (funded by bank balance) and are refunded back for any reason by the merchant, you may receive an e-check. PayPal usually processes this and you get the money within a week.

In terms of an emailed e-check, I believe you may be able to print this out and take it your bank for deposit or if you have an ATM with OCR check deposit functionality, then you can simple put it into an ATM and it will scan it in for you.

In terms of who sent the e-check, I have no idea but judging from @Hireinternet it seems most likely to be Afternic as he has also received one and there is overlap between where you both sold domains and received the checks.

Best thing to do is reach out to Godaddy and ask them if they have sent you payment yet and in what form.
Got another email payout sent . Email from Afternic . Thanks

•••
Sorry I haven't replied last year to the thread. It was Godaddy indeed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back