Domain Empire

news University of Mary Washington Helps Students Register First Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Program helps students register their first domain name and create a web presence.
When I started college in the mid-1990s, the web was really just getting off the ground. Websites contained lots of silly things, and most of us non-techies designed them using software like Frontpage or HotDog. Oh, and I had to dial-in to internet service.
A Domain of One’s Own helps students, faculty and staff register a domain name of their own and then associate it with hosting space managed by the school. They can also use it for third party services like Tumblr. Importantly, students can take the the domain and content with them when they leave.
This is an interesting concept, and I think it presents a great opportunity for new top level domain name companies. For many students, the site they create in college is their first. It will stay with them. Why not work with a university to offer your TLD free for year?
Full Article: http://domainnamewire.com/2014/12/2...of-ones-own-at-university-of-mary-washington/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back