Dynadot

domain uksoldier.com & uksoldiers.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shateo

Impact
Hand reged these 2 yesterday. Any thoughts as to their value? Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I where u I'd grab the .co.uk version of this if its available, seeing as its more relevant.

•••
I went ahead and locked up the .co.uk on both. thanks for the tip.

•••
Can you still grace cancel the .coms or no?

•••
Who's gonna buy these?
in any extension

•••
He should grace cancel the dotcoms, and try to find a uk soldier forum/ online community to buy it. Since its a recent reg, if he doesn't get anywhere in a week cancel for a refund.

•••
That's bad advice. You shouldn't reg domains and expect the registrar to give you a refund every time you aren't able to sell them within a week.

•••
I will keep to .coms and probably sell as a set. I'm sure current or retired U.K soldiers would find these valuable. Any thoughts on a price for the set of 4?

•••
Every one that purchases a domain has the right to cancel it and ask for a refund within a specified time frame. Depending on the registrar there are different grace periods. In any kind of business being able to efficiently exercise your rights is important, especially when trying to purchase and/or sell an asset. It is not about expectation, its about understanding the constraints, risks and realities of your purchase and using that to your advantage.

•••
I will keep to .coms and probably sell as a set. I'm sure current or retired U.K soldiers would find these valuable. Any thoughts on a price for the set of 4?

Reg fee for all, could be xxx to an end user. Take my advice and check out your registrars specified grace period. Use this time constraint to organize any outbound sales initiatives and set out time to cancel for a refund if you can't get a bite within that time horizon. Rather then spending your time listening to what others think, hit the ground running and seek the valuation of an end user. The clock is ticking.

•••
Still a bad strategy. Most end users do not respond that quickly or it may take time to find just the right one. There is also a small fee now for domain tasting anyway (you don't get all your money back). Better to learn what a good domain is before regging than hope that end users will reply within a few days..about domains for which you have to ask an appraisal..

•••
Still a bad strategy. Most end users do not respond that quickly or it may take time to find just the right one. There is also a small fee now for domain tasting anyway (you don't get all your money back). Better to learn what a good domain is before regging than hope that end users will reply within a few days..about domains for which you have to ask an appraisal..

Thats true but its already too late. He regged them, so this is the best strategy given the fact that the OP will still incur a refund fee and take a loss, but it will be a small one and at the very least he will learn how to send an email to end-users.

•••
I don't see who is going to buy these names.

•••
Every one that purchases a domain has the right to cancel it and ask for a refund within a specified time frame
Rights are to be used fairly though, and I believe the refund is a grace for errors and problems with registration, shopping carts, etc. Sure they're "already regged" but that doesn't mean they should use the refund process.

They would be better keeping them and using them as a learning exercise to try to list on marketplaces, seeing total views and offers on the domains (if any) and maybe some outbound sales and forum posting, and seeing how they get on etc.

You cannot learn domaining by reading alone, one has to participate as some point, and they're not "terrible" names they're keyword rich. Of course that alone doesn't make them valuable or even sell-able at any price, as the keywords are not high value etc, but people buy far far worse, even seasoned domainers.

It is not about expectation, its about understanding the constraints, risks and realities of your purchase and using that to your advantage.
Buying and trying to sell within a week and get a refund last minute on the 6th day is a terrible business model, and it wastes registrars time (which is selfish), plus if too many do this it'll increase the refund cost.

•••
As for the domains, I don't think the names are terrible, but I do think you'll struggle to sell them as your potential buyer pool is tiny, if it exists. Finding a potential buyer or them finding you will be very hard.

You do have a set, and the plurals, which is a positive, and there may be someone out there who might want to setup a forum or blog, or whatever. But such potential buyers are likely hobbyists and not commercial ventures so you'll likely be expecting mid to high $xx for all 4 names. Also consider that for non-commercial ventures alternative domain names are usually fine, even if not as good.

You might get lucky, or even another investor or web developer wants them. Put them on some marketplaces to see if you get any nibbles, but I wouldn't spend too much time on them.

Good luck :)

•••
Could be good for a hobbyist, collector or musea or something. The names are not hot but they make sense. Drop them at blogs for collector, veterans or other militairy forums websites. It's not easy to flip but don't take a refund. Becoming a pro is overcoming obstacles. If you want to maintain a good relation with registars you don't want to be in their books as a time waster and non payer. Sign them up with big brokerage websites like sedo, flippa etc and sit on them. Don't be cocky with any offer that comes in as it will cover your reg cost + maybe some profit. Goodluck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back