Dynadot

UK domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The co.uk dropmarket are dead, there are few pro there that takes them all ;D

I read this in the appraisals forum and wondered if anyone else would agree with this and why?

I have been "playing" with the UK drops but have not got to the stage were I am doing targeted automated requests like other UK drop catchers basically just because of "there are few pro there that takes them all ". Is the competition in this market created by the system in place? and are UK domain names more valuable than other regional TLD .fr etc?

Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In the uk most companies advertise their products and services using co.uk, the economy is the fastest growing in europe and the Internet is well established. Consequently there is a lot of competition for quality one and two word generic uk domains. Nominet released thousands of previously 'detagged' domains earlier this year, enabling many people to get a few good quality domains. However it is now generally a case of fewer domains dropping more frequently and the competition from established players is intense. Many in the uk now prefer to hold onto/develop their better quality co.uk domains rather than sell them, as they can become a good revenue source.

•••
Yes, as far as I've understood, it's nearly impossible to get a 3 letter co.uk from the drop. One thing I noticed: DropCatcher shows automatically "Booked" for any 2-3 character .uk names, even if they're not registered! And they usually get these ones (for themselves?). A bit annoying policy...

•••
there does seem to be a lot of underhand dealing to obtain the .co.uks
Perhaps I'll have to stick to the odd scrap now and again - not that my .com purchases are fantastic either ! :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back