NameSilo

TYPE-INS & UNIQUES

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i see words like "type-ins and uniques" mentioned in some the posts here .
could someone give me a clear defintion of what the two words mean and how does one get these" type-in" number or the "uniques. "
still learning:tri:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"type ins" refer to a searcher actually typing the domain in to the browser/box - people think "Hey I want a domain" / type in "domain" and would end up at domain.com

Get the Idea ?

"Uniques" are total "unique" visitors to your site generally considered over a 24 hour period. Usually They/We track you're IP Address once a day - Most pay per click search engines will pay you for 1-3 clicks per unigue IP per 24hrs

Is this Helping ?

•••
I think that is a perfect explination except that type ins may also include people who access from favorites.

A type-in is considered a view without a refering url (ie favorite link, or typein).

•••
ok that seems to be clear. so if i type a word like "lobed" on google and it gives a return of 112,000 . this wouls its "type in"s?

would that be a domain name to buy if its still available?

•••
no no lol

IF you search for the word on google, It will show number of listings lol.

Type ins, someone have to type your doain in say www.lobed.com

•••
I always thought that type in traffic was like no referrer eg. typing directly in the browser. Uniques are destinct visitors tracked via I.P.

•••
•••
My post wasn't the clearest when I re-read it , Must of been deprived of sleep .... lol -

•••
Originally posted by g0ldy
Thats correct edu :P

type into address in browser, not google..hmm. thats clear, i wonder how many people do that thought! any ideas??

•••
Originally posted by redhippo
type into address in browser, not google..hmm. thats clear, i wonder how many people do that thought! any ideas??

I do it everyday, and so do millions of others.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back