Domain Empire

discuss Tweet Debate?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
First...i don't tweet even though i have a twitter handle (forgot what it is?)

Second, with political debates taking center stage, TweetDebate.com was available to register so I thought i'd indulge myself. Other than it sounds good imho, any ideas on how it might be used, developed or marketed?

Usually there's a business model/plan behind most of my domains, but this one has me stumped? Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First...i don't tweet even though i have a twitter handle (forgot what it is?)

Second, with political debates taking center stage, TweetDebate.com was available to register so I thought i'd indulge myself. Other than it sounds good imho, any ideas on how it might be used, developed or marketed?

Usually there's a business model/plan behind most of my domains, but this one has me stumped? Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks
Interesting one!

My first thoughts of development would be to show trending debates on Twitter. Make the tweets more readable.

Although, I am somewhat mixed on the legality of such. That would need more research.

Good luck!

•••
I saw the thread title and thought this was going to be about a debate on Twitter on some domain topic. That would be fun.

Re the name, I have not researched the legal situation re TM. I vaguely recall there was a case and they could register one of Tweet(s) and Twitter but not the other that was viewed as too general, but I may be remembering this incorrectly.

IF there are no TM issues, then I guess it would be thinking about who would want it and who might buy it. I can see some broadcaster possibly but doubt they would pay that much, or interest group but even less.

I think the most promising would be a company that would promote debates on twitter in general as a service. Twitter might be open to that, but would need that to make the plan work. Like I would not just consider political debates per se, but broader ones like on the ethics of gene editing, on whether sports figures and celebrities should take stands on issues, on various legal questions, on privacy and technology. If they were done first class in a sort of TEDx model I can see the idea of tweet debates at a set time and place with well known personalities taking off.

Bob
(I am on Twitter and know who I am :xf.grin: and it is AGreatDomain!)

ps Edit: one of the first debates could be about domains. Automated appraisals, good or bad? Does age matter in a domain name? Do new gTLDs have a future? etc. :xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
Interesting one!

My first thoughts of development would be to show trending debates on Twitter. Make the tweets more readable.

Although, I am somewhat mixed on the legality of such. That would need more research.

Good luck!
Thanks...i checked USPTO records, and it seems there about a hundred "live" names; Hide N Tweet, Power Tweet, Tweet Love, Sweet Tweets etc. I did check HosterStats and someone reg'd it from '09 to '2015. Bob H. also shared some good ideas. Maybe I should crank up my Twitter account and try to sell it via twitter...if only I had the time:xf.rolleyes: Every time I think I'm getting close to a technical partner to compliment my domains and ideas, i can't seem to get lift for this 'ol bird. He/She/it are out there somewhere...i just need to keep trying:xf.smile:

•••
I saw the thread title and thought this was going to be about a debate on Twitter on some domain topic. That would be fun.

Re the name, I have not researched the legal situation re TM. I vaguely recall there was a case and they could register one of Tweet(s) and Twitter but not the other that was viewed as too general, but I may be remembering this incorrectly.

IF there are no TM issues, then I guess it would be thinking about who would want it and who might buy it. I can see some broadcaster possibly but doubt they would pay that much, or interest group but even less.

I think the most promising would be a company that would promote debates on twitter in general as a service. Twitter might be open to that, but would need that to make the plan work. Like I would not just consider political debates per se, but broader ones like on the ethics of gene editing, on whether sports figures and celebrities should take stands on issues, on various legal questions, on privacy and technology. If they were done first class in a sort of TEDx model I can see the idea of tweet debates at a set time and place with well known personalities taking off.

Bob
(I am on Twitter and know who I am :xf.grin: and it is A Great Domain)

ps Edit: one of the first debates could be about domains. Automated appraisals, good or bad? Does age matter in a domain name? Do new gTLDs have a future? etc. :xf.cool:
All good suggestions Bob, and I believe your recollection of a TM decision/case regarding "Tweet(s) vs. Twitter" is right. After seeing so many TM's for "Tweet(s)", checking "Twitter" it appears only Twitter itself holds TM's for it's name..... making TweetDebates.com most likely OK:xf.smile:

Now the question is how to sell it? Both tweets and debates are a hot topic right now, but I just don't know how to get the sort of exposure a name like this deserves. I'd be willing to give the domain to whoever would develop it and they could pay me later "if" they were successful. Other ideas would be to try and get some exposure with the media whether it be someone like CNN or Fox who tend to cover debates that I guess are created by political parties. How would attempt to market it Bob? Anyone? I'd gladly pay a commission of 35% for anyone who could sell it for what it's worth:xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back