Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.tv

Just grabbed this for fun!

Would appreciate your views on this one

ak

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
where is that sign on keyboard? :D

•••
I think I might petition keyboard manufacturers to get it on there! :)

•••
I think its awesome, was considering something like that myself but was unclear on how they worked, if at all.

•••
Thanks Timewarp, seems that people are staring to like the unusual which is always nice!

ak

•••
phantom4444 said:
I think I might petition keyboard manufacturers to get it on there! :)

If you do that, then this domain will be very good. :)

•••
How did you reg. that if one cant type it in the keyboard?

How did you type it to reg.?

Best regards,

•••
testingyou said:
How did you reg. that if one cant type it in the keyboard?

How did you type it to reg.?

Best regards,

Hi Testingyou,

I used the verisign idn converter tool to get the puny code then did a search @ name.com
I believe it's also possible to just copy and paste the symbol into the search box and bingo!

Hope this helps,

ak

•••
•••
No worries, keep me posted if you get anything :)

p.s. I've got another which will be a lot more useful in the future.......will give details later

•••
Novelty domain... I stay away from them.

•••
Fka200 said:

:) Fka200 I agree with you, if it is to invest in them, but thats not my intention.

It would be fun just to have one in my portifolio :)

Best regards,

•••
Fka200 said:

That's fair enough fka, thanks for your input :)

ak

•••
Slightly off topic but how come when I search for ☣ in Google I get no results whatsover?

Does this mean that no one has ever used this character in content on a website (I guess ☣.tv isn't indexed yet) or is this an IDN thing? Can't you search using IDN search terms?

•••
That is interesting that ☣ doesn't show up in google search.
I know for sure it's on the internet as I saw it in a list of idn characters.
Also I searched for some other IDN charcters from phantoms sig and they show up thousands of times so some definately work.

•••
netfleet said:
...or is this an IDN thing? Can't you search using IDN search terms?

Yes you can.

•••
That's what I would have thought.

I guess it shows exactly how rare it is! The list that you saw can't have been indexed by Google as yet...

I think it's great anyway! Timewarp, would you care to share that list?

Thanks

•••
Hi all,

yes it's a bit strange isn't it. I have a couple more and get nothing for those too....I guess it must be an index thing because I too have seen it used in a number of places. And as you say, the other characters in my sig show up some quite large results, I suspect though that this is because my others are directly language related.

The next ones will be posted for debate very soon which should open a whole new can of worms :)
Great that this name is creating some creative and interesting discussion and giving some much needed debate on idn.

ak

testingyou said:
:) Fka200 I agree with you, if it is to invest in them, but thats not my intention.

It would be fun just to have one in my portifolio :)

Best regards,

Exactly my point, welcome to the house of fun B-)

ak

•••
•••
Thanks for your post yanni :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back