IT.COM

.tv .tv and China

NameSilo
Watch
Even if I'm not a huge short domain fan (I prefer keywords all day of the year), I'm noticing a huge increase of inquiry from China for my LLL.tv (most of them are BJ+V) and on my only NNN.tv (488), with offers that for the best ones are hitting the 1K level.
I just wanted to know if it's happening to you too and what you think about it.
Ale.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Chinese are loco about numeric and LL/LLL domains but don't speak Spanish :)

Spanish and .TV don't mix well.

•••
Even if I'm not a huge short domain fan (I prefer keywords all day of the year), I'm noticing a huge increase of inquiry from China for my LLL.tv (most of them are BJ+V) and on my only NNN.tv (488), with offers that for the best ones are hitting the 1K level.
I just wanted to know if it's happening to you too and what you think about it.
Ale.
Perhaps it's time to list DWD.TV :)

•••
•••
•••
just a few lowball offers for my LLL.tv

•••
•••
I get a lot of offers on zcn.tv

Did some digging, and looks like the .com recently sold for $80K into
China

Last edited:
•••
recently I also have received some offers for lll.tv from china.
what happened to .tv in china?

•••
I've had a lot of interest too. I sold about 50 NNN .TV's at the end of last year, mostly to Chinese investors. I've also been selling LLL .TVs to Chinese investors.

I've lowered my margins, as my goal is to move a lot of product, without emotion. This model doesn't work for everyone but it suits me well, and I'm moving a lot of product :)

•••
•••
Interesting to hear about the LLL and NNN .TV market! Are any of them 'premiums'?

•••
I've sold both. Most of my numbers were premium, although some had 4's and 0's. LLL interest is mostly in premium letters although I sold Bee.tv recently for $3k which includes non premium letters.

•••
Oh nice, what I meant though was premium regs or renewals?

•••
Premium registrations, non premium renewals.

•••
Last week I sold 118.tv to a Chinese buyer. Four figures but not life changing.

Also sold TOY.tv to Chinese buyer recently plus a couple of two letter names.

European bought DIY.tv (but that was a superstar of namepros who we all know)

I still have a few LLL.tv's left but much prefer my keywords.

The Chinese buyers I have dealt with so far have all been very plain speaking and very precise in their dealings.

I've quite enjoyed my dealing's with Chinese buyers so far. It's hard to find friendships in any negotiations but it is nice to come away from a deal where you are happy and the buyer seems happy too.

There is definitely a buzz for .tv in China of some kind. Whether it lasts beyond 2016 is anyone's guess, but for now it's quite enjoyable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back