Dynadot

Tutorial: Creating fire in Paintshop Pro 7

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
1. First thing you do is open Paintshop Pro and Control+N to create a new image.

2. Settings: 800x600, 72.000 resolution, backround color=black, 16.7 million colors.

3. Select the Airbrush and set these settings:

4. Shape: Round, Size: 255, Hardness: 20, density: 100, opacity, 100, step: 25.

5. Set the backround style to Black-White gradient and check invert gradient.

6. Right click in the center of your 800x600 image. You should now have a big gray looking sphere.

7. Select the Paint Brush tool.

8. Go to tool options and set the paintbrush tool to match these settings:

9. Shape: Round, Size: 32, hardness: 0, Opacity: 100, Step: 25, Density: 100.

10. Go to the color palette and select white as the solid backround color.

11. Right click several times (In the same spot) in the center of your sphere. You should now have a sphere with a single bold white dot in the middle.

12. Select the retouch tool and set it to match these settings:

13. Shape: Round, Size: 20, Hardness: 0, Opacity: 100, Step: 25, Density: 100, then choose smudge on the bottom drop down menu.

14. Now, click and drag from the middle of the sphere out to make the shape of a flame (It may take a lot of smudging). When you come out with a flame shapped gray image go on to step 15.

15. At the top of PSP click Colors-->Adjust-->Curves and match the the settings shown in the screen shots in the next 4 posts. Remember, your fire will not look like mine does in the window until you've done all of the last 4 steps.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol the pics didnt end up right for me either, but i think they have a metallic feel to them xD

•••
ohhhhhhhhhhh i was searching for it ...great tutorial alpha

•••
great tut it really helps ...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back