IT.COM

Tutorial: Creating fire in Paintshop Pro 7

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
1. First thing you do is open Paintshop Pro and Control+N to create a new image.

2. Settings: 800x600, 72.000 resolution, backround color=black, 16.7 million colors.

3. Select the Airbrush and set these settings:

4. Shape: Round, Size: 255, Hardness: 20, density: 100, opacity, 100, step: 25.

5. Set the backround style to Black-White gradient and check invert gradient.

6. Right click in the center of your 800x600 image. You should now have a big gray looking sphere.

7. Select the Paint Brush tool.

8. Go to tool options and set the paintbrush tool to match these settings:

9. Shape: Round, Size: 32, hardness: 0, Opacity: 100, Step: 25, Density: 100.

10. Go to the color palette and select white as the solid backround color.

11. Right click several times (In the same spot) in the center of your sphere. You should now have a sphere with a single bold white dot in the middle.

12. Select the retouch tool and set it to match these settings:

13. Shape: Round, Size: 20, Hardness: 0, Opacity: 100, Step: 25, Density: 100, then choose smudge on the bottom drop down menu.

14. Now, click and drag from the middle of the sphere out to make the shape of a flame (It may take a lot of smudging). When you come out with a flame shapped gray image go on to step 15.

15. At the top of PSP click Colors-->Adjust-->Curves and match the the settings shown in the screen shots in the next 4 posts. Remember, your fire will not look like mine does in the window until you've done all of the last 4 steps.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
And now match these for red.

•••
Match these settings for green.

•••
Match these settings for blue and your image will look like fire. Click OK and you're done! Now save your work! :)

If you have any questions on the steps please post. Also, you can alter a lot of the settings listed here for different outcomes. For example, you can create blue fire if you want :)

•••
Here's a fireball I created using this method. You can also create a bunch of fire by creating 4 or 5 gray spheres instead of one and then adding white dots in the middle of each of them. Then do the smudging and create a huge fire. :D

•••
•••
the jpgs are all screwy looking. :(

•••
Originally posted by viciouscircle
the jpgs are all screwy looking. :(

Yeah, I second that. They look corrupted. What happened to them? :-/

•••
nice tut

but is it practical for webdesign?

•••
There's a better way:

Open up the sealed PSP 7 box, pour some lighter fluid in it, strike a match, lit the whole damn thing, and presto: Creating fire in Paintshop Pro 7 :D

I hear you ask:
but is it practical for webdesign?
Nope. :D

•••
lol, nice man. Ya, la jpegs de la screwy.

•••
•••
Yeah, them jpegs are messed up - seriously!

•••
haha. While we are on fire (no pun :p) anyone know how to make fire in PS? i used to, but me forgets. :|

•••
a great tutorial, thanks Alpha

•••
•••
•••
Good tut, just the pics don't work :(

•••
iDeviseFlash said:
haha. While we are on fire (no pun :p) anyone know how to make fire in PS? i used to, but me forgets. :|
i did a whole art project on fire.

here goes:

1. open photoshop
2. make a new image, black background, and add some text (white text)
3. do the wind filter 2 times right and 2 times left
4. rotate the image 90deg clockwise and repeat step 3
5. rotate the image 90deg a-clockwise
6. use the ripple filter to create the desired effect of fire.
7. go "Image > Mode > Grayscale"
8. go "Image > Mode > Indexed Color"
9. Go "Image > Mode > Color Table" and select "black body"
10. Voila (i think)

that is just from memory, so if it dosen't work, don't shout at me. Acctually in heinsight you may want to put some gaussian blurs in there, but I will leave that up to you! :)

Tom

•••
gr the pix r not working

•••
•••
mustang394 said:
Good tut, just the pics don't work :(

Same with me, but nevertheless nice tutorial and thanks for sharing. :]

•••
they do look a lil strange

•••
Nice tutorial Alpha thanks :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back