Domain Empire

new gtlds Tulips, Bitcoin..... XYZ, nGtlds

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
Not only the subject at hand but the stock market is at insane valuations and the CA real estate market is so high due to artificially low interest rates. Its a wild ride, coming soon.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-06/clint-eastwoods-advice-bitcoin-speculation

Tulips had become nothing more than a speculation– people would buy, hold for a short while, and then sell at a much higher price.

A lot of them started making unimaginable sums of money, crediting their newfound wealth to intelligence rather than dumb luck.

This is another classic sign of a bubble: when the average Joe starts making tons of money in a market (and often credits that fortune to his smarts).

I’m telling you all of this because Bitcoin just crossed the $2,800 threshold. Actually as I write this Bitcoin just passed $2,900. And by the time you receive this it may be north of $3,000.

Look, I am no detractor of cryptocurrency. Blockchain and cryptofinance are incredibly powerful tools. They are the future.

One day when people actually adopt cryptocurrency as a medium of exchange, there will be real fundamentals underpinning the price.

But right now this is just pure speculation showing all the classic signs of a bubble.

No one is buying Bitcoin for its originally intended purposes, i.e. to be a decentralized medium of exchange.

People are buying because they’re betting that the price will go up. Just like tulips.

But eventually tulip prices collapsed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No one is buying Bitcoin for its originally intended purposes, i.e. to be a decentralized medium of exchange.

People are buying because they’re betting that the price will go up. Just like tulips.

Does this make it a bubble ? Don't people buy shares when they think the price will go up ?

•••
•••
NameSilo accepts Bitcoin as payment for domain regs, and I will accept Bitcoin as payment for domain names.

Sorry, I don't accept tulips as payment though. :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back