IT.COM

domains Amazon just bought three domain names related to cryptocurrency

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lovedomains

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great move by Amazon, they need it because their retail ecommerce will be adjusted to accept cryptocurrency as payment.

While another important thing is, amazon also has gigantic hosting business, means they also had all they need to start their own crypto mining operation.

Second thought, with amazon enormous resources, they also could start their own crypto currency along with exchanger business too.

•••
Great move by Amazon, they need it because their retail ecommerce will be adjusted to accept cryptocurrency as payment.

While another important thing is, amazon also has gigantic hosting business, means they also had all they need to start their own crypto mining operation.

Second thought, with amazon enormous resources, they also could start their own crypto currency along with exchanger business too.

Apart from them starting to accept Cryptopayments soon. I actually have a suspicion that they might be starting their own Amazon branded Crypto exchange .... just a hunch though, no supporting evidence yet to support my hunch :)

•••
This is more like a anti-cybersquatting move, they won't ever launch a product/service on any of those 3 domains.

•••
looking to their domain names, looks like amazon gonna testing the water, splitting their conventional ecommerce into new ecommerce accepting e currency this will be boost their market in two way : seller and buyer.

Let say amazonbitcoin.com is specifically made for buying and selling stuff with bitcoin as the only payment option, this will be much more simply than adding bitcoin into their existing platform at amazon.com

•••
This is more like a anti-cybersquatting move, they won't ever launch a product/service on any of those 3 domains.

Maybe not launch a product or service on those actual domains but possibly redirect those domains at a later stage to a new crypto related product or service that they could launch on different domain name

•••
Maybe not launch a product or service on those actual domains but possibly redirect those domains at a later stage to a new crypto related product or service that they could launch on different domain name
That's possible, like I said this is IMO a anti-cybersquatting move. They may be working at a Amazon cryptocurrency but they will probably implement it directly on their main website as a form of payment and maybe even a wallet.

•••
What exact domain names did they purchase and at what price?

•••
•••
I think it could be defensive purchases at first and turn into an operational add-on when they're ready.

•••
Seems like a defensive purchase + it shows they may roll out their own crypto...

Imagine - an AI token/coin we could invest in that speeds up AMZN and their business operations.

They MUST be up to something much deeper than what the surface of this info suggests.

Any links with insider info?

•••
and some one bought amazoncryptomarket with this news just now...lol it was in my cart ;)

•••
Amazon just bought three domain names:-
amazonethereum.com, amazoncryptocurrency.com, amazoncryptocurrencies.com.

•••
Amazon just bought three domain names:-
amazonethereum.com, amazoncryptocurrency.com, amazoncryptocurrencies.com.
This was already reported lol...

•••
There is no need for AMZN to create their own currency, they already accept CC payments without surcharge, unlike companies like ENOM.

Users would have to buy their coin with bank account, or CC regardless, where they could gain new clients would be by accepting top level existing currencies like BTC, and ETH which already have an existing userbase which might help add new clients by accepting their chosen form of payment.

For that reason I would say it is defensive to keep someone from spoofing it, or what not.

•••
Just a defensive name reservation.
Even if Amazon begins accepting Bitcoin/Ethereum directly, the service wouldn't be branded as AmazonEthereum.com for example.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back