IT.COM

Tsunamis Scam?

NameSilo
Watch
just received this...is it a scam? or what?

Dear Business Partners and Friends,

Over the past several years BidClix has lent our support to a wonderful organization called NetAid (www.netaid.org). NetAid is a growing network of people and organizations that are committed to ending extreme poverty. As you well know, a devastating earthquake off the coast of Sumatra brought waves of destruction to thousands of communities throughout Asia. The staggering death toll - now suspected to be over 120,000 - continues to rise. The humanitarian crisis continues to unfold as millions of people - a third of them children - have been made homeless, are without access to clean water, shelter, food, sanitation and health care. In crisis situations it is understandably difficult for donors and aid organizations to work fast enough to provide effective relief to those most in need. I was immediately impressed with NetAid's rapid response to the crisis and wanted to learn more about how they were able to respond so quickly. NetAid has long standing relationships with local partners in India, there on the ground, in some of the worst affected areas. The local partners are sensitive to the immediate needs of their communities and are able to respond quickly, and appropriately. NetAid local partners were quick to provide support to survivors and to continue to help them with the long term project of building better lives. Please join us in supporting NetAid's Asian Earthquake Crisis Fund today. How You Can Help 1. Donate: http://www.netaid.org/go/asiacrisis??partner=bidclix 2. Tell friends, family and co-workers 3. Display banner ads on your website to encourage others to join you in helping to rebuild the lives of children in South Asia. Below you will find some HTML code that you can add to your website(s). Sincerely, Paul Needham President BidClix, Inc.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got it...and promptly deleted it

When I want to donate more money I will do it through an organisation like the Red Cross

•••
I agree with GT Web if you are going to donate any money for a cause then make sure you do it with an officially recognised organisation that you have heard off.

There are too many supposed organisations that receive money for charity.

There are also alot of charities that dont actually use much donated money for a cause they dissapear under the term expenses.

•••
agree width GT ... always use to donate directly through known organization

though as far as i know Blidclix is serious "ad company" but always dontate to know organization.. like Red Cross or "Prime minister Releif Fund" [i have this type of in my country india]

•••
It sickens me that people are trying to make money for themselves while millions are trying to survive in Asia.

Yeah, it's a TOTAL scam; stay away from it.

True_Snake

•••
True_Snake said:
It sickens me that people are trying to make money for themselves while millions are trying to survive in Asia.

Yeah, it's a TOTAL scam; stay away from it.

True_Snake

coming from an asian...i agree!... :laugh:

•••
You don't know for sure that it's a scam, however you don't know for sure that it isn't a scam. I would still go with someone else but it doesn't mean that this place is a scam.

•••
quite right too.... but always play safe :)
especially if donating large amounts..... my 2 cents

•••
I don't think this is a scam myself - But also think you could donate directly to organizations you already know ~

•••
I dont think that it is a scam, but I would rather donate to someone like the Red Cross, where I know the money will be going directly to Asia to help the victims

•••
Yeah, its safer to donate to Companies you trust like Redcross. Also whats important to know is that they have a Telephone / Toll number as well to call. (Just to be safe)

•••
•••
I trust associations such as World Vision or Red Cross much more. I will be sure that the money actually gets over to Asia.

•••
Im not so sure that it is a scam. If it is, the spent a lot of time and effort trying to make it not look like one. Still, I would not donate to them, only because they sent an email to contact me. I have never recieved a please donate email from the redcross, and I have donated to them before. So that kinda puts the red flag up. But IMHO, I dont think its a scam. I think they will give the money to the victims, but the real question, how much of that money are they going to give them.

:)

•••
Yeah 2 for us 1 for them.. Just like a mechanic..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back