IT.COM

information TrueName Customers Say Descriptive Domains Are Key

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
TrueName™ Customers Say Descriptive Domains Are Key to Dominating Search Engine Rankings

A Strategy of Primary Keywords in the Domain, Supported by Valuable Content and Technical SEO, Puts Hundreds of Businesses on the First Page of Search Results

Using top-level domains (TLDs) from TrueName, such as ".loans," ".travel," and ".tours," businesses can create descriptive domain names that include the primary keyword they want their websites to rank for in search engines, anchoring a successful SEO strategy.

Blake Janover, founder and CEO of fintech Janover Ventures, built a strong foundation for his websites, such as multifamily.loans, by starting with a descriptive domain name and using logical organization to support it with content focused on related keywords, as well as strong technical SEO practices.

"The SEO benefits of a highly targeted, high-quality, responsive website tied to a descriptive domain turned out to be a powerful strategy that we've been able to duplicate many times over," Janover says. "Many of our other properties follow a similar formula, and as such, we have actually managed to build one of the most complete and intricate commercial finance networks in the world."

In 2020, Janover had 1 million unique visitors to its websites, primarily from organic traffic driven by SEO, and saw business growth of 184 percent.

read more (afilias)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Skewed, far from the truth, misleading. You can't rely solely on search engine's organic traffic and SEO to drive traffic. It must be combined with other methods and activities.
What makes you think companies spending fortunes on Ads and customer acquisition are dimwits?
Don't overate SEO, every dick and harry knows and does it.

Last edited:
•••
Can you please share some few Descriptive Domain Names. That will be helpful to understand .
Thanks.

•••
Skewed, far from the truth, misleading. You can't rely solely on search engine's organic traffic and SEO to drive traffic. It must be combined with other methods and activities.
What makes you think companies spending fortunes on Ads and customer acquisition are dimwits?
Don't overate SEO, every dick and harry knows and does it.

SEO is one of the biggest scams on planet earth ! 99% of the people will say they can get you on “Page One of Google” ... But only 1% actually can, and that is why real SEO is especially expensive,

SEO is supported further by the methods you provided - creating a web of interlinking and making it easy for someone to go through your site, much less a bot ^ easier to crawl, organic content, innovative, etc.

That all said ^ descriptive domains do have an advantage, wether we admit it or the search engines admit it ... exact match keywords are valuable (does not matter if it is .com or .whatever) if the keyword matches and is popular ^ you’ll see some interesting data; the algorithm of many search engines is picking up the keyword(s) and taking other things into account before populating the results, the next biggest thing is the “trust factor” and “brand authority”

Furthermore I will add that Ai will play a critical role in how a user searches for something and what pops up ^ 10 years from now will Ai favor .com over something else or will it favor what it knows, its job is to provide consumers with the most efficient and effective results,

Googling “Green Energy” will populate many results and the top one is

https://green.energy

Curious if it is the same for you ?

If you google “cordial world” does https://cordial.world or https://cordialworld.com pop up first ^ and is the Ai ranking cordial.world higher because it is a “tech” company or because it is more the efficient option ...

I don’t know ^ what I can tell you, is both companies don’t rank according to Alexa meaning no SEO is being done on behalf of the owners of those companies or if there is any SEO being done ^ they are getting scammed

Last edited:
•••
SEO is one of the biggest scams on planet earth ! 99% of the people will say they can get you on “Page One of Google” ... But only 1% actually can, and that is why real SEO is especially expensive,

SEO is supported further by the methods you provided - creating a web of interlinking and making it easy for someone to go through your site, much less a bot ^ easier to crawl, organic content, innovative, etc.

That all said ^ descriptive domains do have an advantage, wether we admit it or the search engines admit it ... exact match keywords are valuable (does not matter if it is .com or .whatever) if the keyword matches and is popular ^ you’ll see some interesting data; the algorithm of many search engines is picking up the keyword(s) and taking other things into account before populating the results, the next biggest thing is the “trust factor” and “brand authority”

Furthermore I will add that Ai will play a critical role in how a user searches for something and what pops up ^ 10 years from now will Ai favor .com over something else or will it favor what it knows, its job is to provide consumers with the most efficient and effective results,

Googling “Green Energy” will populate many results and the top one is

https://green.energy

Curious if it is the same for you ?

If you google “cordial world” does https://cordial.world or https://cordialworld.com pop up first ^ and is the Ai ranking cordial.world higher because it is a “tech” company or because it is more the efficient option ...

I don’t know ^ what I can tell you, is both companies don’t rank according to Alexa meaning no SEO is being done on behalf of the owners of those companies or if there is any SEO being done ^ they are getting scammed

SEO
Why the sudden U-turn?
Why contradicting yourself?
In your original post you made mention of SEO on five consecutive instances, all in positive light. Here are extracts:

"Supported by Valuable Content and Technical SEO..."
"... anchoring a successful SEO strategy"
" ... as well as strong technical SEO practices"
"... 1 million unique visitors to its websites, primarily from organic traffic driven by SEO"

To repeat severally, the way I understand it, is to emphasize.

Descriptive domain names
There is no way you can be objective here, since this is mainly what you (TrueName) offer on your website as your unique selling proposition (USP).

Descriptive domains are nothing new. Long, descriptive, keyword-stuffed domain names used to be very popular in the early 20's.
From your examples, it's simply "grabbing" a portion of the long tale keywords and use it as an extension (after the dot).
As for the ranking on search engine result page, well the algo depends on a lot of factors including, but not limited to your geographical location, content relevance to the search term, quality of backlinks pointing to the page, time of the day, etc.
For instance, based on your suggestion, I googled “Green Energy”, but didn't find that site you've mentioned anywhere on the first page.

On the other hand I searched for domain investing, and first website on the result list was domaininvesting/com

Don't get me wrong, I'm no saying descriptive domain names don't help, but it's importance should not be overemphasized, nor should it be considered alpha and omega of
driving organic traffic to your website. It must go hand-in-hand with a lot of other things. Same applies to SEO.

In most cases businesses prefer the com extension, if/when available and affordable.

Last edited:
•••
... In your original post you made mention of SEO on five consecutive instances, all in positive light. Here are extracts:

"Supported by Valuable Content and Technical SEO..."
"... anchoring a successful SEO strategy"
" ... as well as strong technical SEO practices"
"... 1 million unique visitors to its websites, primarily from organic traffic driven by SEO"

This is not @Alessandro Couteau nor my post > that's Donuts TrueName / Afilias Article-Press News.

•••
Last edited:
•••
People hate keyword domains because they know the value but they are very expensive.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back