IT.COM

domains Troy Hunt - Have I Been Pwned Domain Searches

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
There are presently 201k people monitoring domains in Have I Been Pwned (HIBP). That's massive! That's 201k people that have searched for a domain, left their email address for future notifications when the domain appears in a new breach and successfully verified that they control the domain. But that's only a subset of all the domains searched, which totals 231k. In many instances, multiple people have searched for the same domain (most likely from the same company given they've successfully verified control), and also in many instances, people are obviously searching for and monitoring multiple domains. Companies have different brands, mergers and acquisitions happen and so on and so forth. Larger numbers of domains also means larger numbers of notifications; HIBP has now sent out 2.7M emails to those monitoring domains after a breach has occurred. And the largest number of the lot: all those domains being monitored encompass an eye watering 273M breached email addresses 😲

The point is, just has HIBP itself has escalated into something far bigger than I ever expected, so too has the domain search feature. Today, I'm launching an all new domain search experience and 5 announcements about major changes surrounding it. Let's jump into it!

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back