IT.COM

Transfers after domains expire ? - GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bboydmr

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I have around 23 domains with godaddy and I'd like to renew all of them.Tld's of these domains are as follows

.com
.org
.co.in
.in
.info
.asia

Godaddy is charging me $16 per year per renewal of .org and that has made me want to switch away from them. Now I'm thinking that I should transfer .com and .info away from them too, along with .org and save few $$ in the process. However, here is the catch..these domains will start expiring at 4th March 2017. I was reading https://in.godaddy.com/help/transferring-expired-domain-names-5019 and it mentioned that I can still transfer out. My questions -

1. Anyone ever did this ? Transfer out just before they are about to expire
2. Grace period for .com/.org and .info is around 30 days right ? Will I be alright doing so ?

I will transfer them to namesilo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
you can still transfer out after they expire because you still have control during the grace period. I wouldn't wait 30 days though.
1-2 weeks max. I usually transfer within 5-10 days without a hitch.
GoDaddy is good and efficient at transferring.
If I transfer out to save $ I always wait till expired just because in most cases you don't get credit for "days left prior to expiration"
Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back