Dynadot

Transferring.co.uk domains to GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i'm tired of being ripped off at 123reg for domain renewals.

I have about 10 .co.uk domains at different expiry dates.
I added one to my basket and noticed it was a free 1 year extension to June 2022
I didn't check out and decided to add all my domains to my basket to see if they'd all still be free and offer the years free registration, they did but then i thought to myself some domains aren't due to expire until after that date anyway, so if this is a standard offer then i would be better doing them one by one nearer to their expiry date, but I don't know if it's a special first order, limited code thing and i'd be better doing them all at the same time.
Any ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddy own 123-reg. Where do you think 123-reg got that practice from? GoDaddy do exactly the same thing. You need to find a genuinely low cost registrar if price is your parameter. There are plenty of them about. Three of the most popular on this site are Epik, Dynadot and Namecheap but there are plenty of others, too.

Last edited:
•••
Ok well that's as maybe but in this instance with free 1 year renewal then i can transfer and transfer again in a years time

•••
Read the T&C before doing anything.

•••
That's so vague. Do you mean anything in particular by that?

•••
Nothing at all vague about anything so perfectly specific. If you don't want to be caught having to pay an excessive amount at renewal time whether or not you wish to renew with them, read their T&C. AKA Terms; Terms & Conditions; Terms of Business.

Last edited:
•••
i'm tired of being ripped off at 123reg for domain renewals.

I have about 10 .co.uk domains at different expiry dates.
I added one to my basket and noticed it was a free 1 year extension to June 2022
I didn't check out and decided to add all my domains to my basket to see if they'd all still be free and offer the years free registration, they did but then i thought to myself some domains aren't due to expire until after that date anyway, so if this is a standard offer then i would be better doing them one by one nearer to their expiry date, but I don't know if it's a special first order, limited code thing and i'd be better doing them all at the same time.
Any ideas?

Maybe a bug in their backend? Why not give it a try for one and see what happens? You can always transfer away again if you don't like what you see, .UK domains can be transferred for free but that should not extend the registration period.

•••
I rang up their customer support and they said it's standard to get the free 1 year extension so i can do them domain by domain nearer to their expiry date and get the longest renewal i can

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back