Dynadot

Transfering websites to another hosting...how to?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

marijuanadomain

Restricted (33% DM)
Impact
Hey,
I want to transfer all my websites(mostly WP) from namecheap to spaceship....please tell me what the easist way to do it.
Ususally, hosting would do it for free and fast to get your business but it so happenes spaceship support can't do the transfer.

Reason for transfering---cheaper hosting rates!! and my hosting renewal is coming up, so time for a change and more storage for my videos and photos on my websites.
thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey,
I want to transfer all my websites(mostly WP) from namecheap to spaceship....please tell me what the easist way to do it.
Ususally, hosting would do it for free and fast to get your business but it so happenes spaceship support can't do the transfer.

Reason for transfering---cheaper hosting rates!! and my hosting renewal is coming up, so time for a change and more storage for my videos and photos on my websites.
thanks
There are backup plugins such as wp all in one google search that not sure I can provide a link here. What you could do is install the plugin on each wordpress, save to a file using that, then install wordpress and that plugin and use the file you created. It's not as hard as it sounds. The other option is paying some on the web like $10 per for transfers of files.

•••
Cpanel backup would be enough

•••
Create a full backup ( using cPanel backup tool) of your existing cPanel accounts and upload them to your new cPanel. Afterward, get in touch with the support team of your new hosting provider and request them to assist you in the restoration process. Another way is to try using WordPress migration plugins.

Last edited:
•••
Create a full backup ( using cPanel backup tool) of your existing cPanel accounts and upload them to your new cPanel. Afterward, get in touch with the support team of your new hosting provider and request them to assist you in the restoration process. Another way is to try using WordPress migration plugins.
The new hosting provider is not providing any assistance.
If you want new business why not provide the free migration...
Go figure

•••
Do not go for cheap hosting it will be an expensive mistake. Personal experience.

You can move your website. By plugins or cpanel and database backup.

1. The easiest way is to install a dummy WordPress at new hosting.

2. Then, go to your original wp dashboard>tool>export a small file.

3. Go to new hosting . WordPress > dashboard > import > import the file here.

4. Finally point your domain to this new hosting.

•••
•••
I have 1000+ websites at Namecheap and want to transfer to spaceshit , all I need is- just one plugin and install and backup and then import to spaceshit.....all with just one click and all my websites will be there.
All I need to do is just- just change the DNS

is there a magic plugin for that?
If not, someone needs to create one and s/he will be rich...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back