IT.COM

Transfer complaint form

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bert23

Established Member
Impact
Anyone have experience of this on on the icann website?

Trying to recover some domains stolen a few years back.

Thanks bert.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are these LLLL .com's ?

The current market cap is at $1,500 each. If they are LLL .com's that's a different story.

The federal lawsuit is filed 'in rem' - against the domain, as opposed to against the owner. You'll basically be explaining your accounts were unlawfully accessed and the domains transferred out without your authorization.

Most of the time, the thief won't respond but if the domains were laundered, the new owner might. If you win the lawsuit, Verisign must transfer the domains back. It's a costly process, however.

•••
•••
Are these LLLL .com's ?

The current market cap is at $1,500 each. If they are LLL .com's that's a different story.

The federal lawsuit is filed 'in rem' - against the domain, as opposed to against the owner. You'll basically be explaining your accounts were unlawfully accessed and the domains transferred out without your authorization.

Most of the time, the thief won't respond but if the domains were laundered, the new owner might. If you win the lawsuit, Verisign must transfer the domains back. It's a costly process, however.

Ok With 2 end users I'd have to file 2 law suits (20k each worst case scenario) plus if they both turn up in court and claim legitimate rights due to laundering and win I pay legal costs x2.

So that's a 100k risk I assume.

•••
No, the suit is against the domain name itself as the "defendant".

•••
Back