Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

question Trademark issue or not?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch

Millionaire

Top Member
Impact
1,896
Hello Respected Members

I need your help in identifying whether it's a trademark issue or not.

I was brainstorming domain for my new blog. After an hour search, using various tools, I found an expired domain available for registration. I checked on trademarkia & there is no live or dead registered trademark for this, I immediately registered it.

But within few hours, I came through a website which has almost same domain name, just with an Extra 'S' at the end, e.g. if my domain name is ******.com, that website name is ******s.com. This is a two words domain, so they are using plural version for second word while I have the singular second word domain. Their website belongs to the same industry in which my blog will be based.

Is it okay to use this domain for blog or for sale? Will there be any trademark issue?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Impossible to say without knowing the name.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Thread closed.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back